Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Browse] Bring back Appears On section

Its ridiculous that such useful feature is removed while the annoying behind the lyrics is still there instead of lyrics.

We want the Appears On section back!

Stop disabling good functions that provide help to customers!

WE WANT APPEARS ON SECTION BACK!

Updated on 2020-07-15

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're happy to announce that the Appears On section should now be back.

Thanks, and happy listening!

Comments
slr1966

BRING THIS FEATURE BACK NOW! I have been a subscriber for 5+ years. I will move to Apple Music tomorrow if you don't. This feature is critical when I am looking for compilations or rare tracks not part of cannon albums. I use this feature all the time. Why are you removing this feature? It makes no sense unless there is a monetary reason. BRING IT BACK OR I AM GONE!

ThatSofia

Thank you everyone who has switched to another service! It's about the money. Voting with your wallet is just what'll show them. 

cj_jacobs_

Is it possible that they actually *are* trying to lose their premium subscribers, because they can make more money selling ads that only people using the free service see? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the shoddy treatment of paying users and the pitiful response to concerns almost makes me wonder if it's deliberate. I mean, I get faster replies and better customer service from Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart!

I'm pasting the reply I made in the earlier thread about this issue that is absurdly marked "solved." 

This feature was literally how I discovered some of my favorite songs over the past few years. I can think of at least 10 that I never would have known about at all if I didn't have the ability to see tracks that artists were featured on, not just their solo work. For hip hop, an artist's features often vastly outnumber their own solo releases. How can you possibly justify making those tracks invisible, which leads to less music played and less engagement with the platform? If this is a misguided effort to force people to listen to your own playlists to randomly "discover" artists' featured tracks, it's not going to happen. Spotify playlists are terrible and seem to all be curated by 20 year old kids without a wide or deep knowledge of music, beyond obvious top 40 hits. Many of their choices are baffling, others are just plain stupid. I'll stick to making my own playlists, thanks.

Please clarify: is the "appears on" feature coming back? If not, then for me it's the last straw and I will be cancelling my subscription. I've been a paid subscriber since 2015, but I've had it with useful features being removed with no warning and for no discernible reason. Most apps add features, not take them away. When I first signed up I was amazed by how well put-together the app seemed and how easy it was to browse and discover new artists, but it gets progressively more difficult every year. I'm sick of paying for this every month.

I'm going to give it another week or so, and if by that point they don't at least have the courtesy to let their customers know when the feature will be restored, I'm gone. Tidal has better quality sound and pays their artists more anyway.

ParentalControl

Bring this back I use this when you guys at spotify miss label albums as various when in fact it's made by a single composer.

2dareistodo

Super annoying that they got rid of this. This is how you find little known gems done by your favorite artists and helps promote new artists. If you wanted to clean up the artist profile, why don't you start by getting rid of Compilation albums ability to upload the same song. For example in the Rembrandts profile, 6 of their top 10 songs are the exact same song just uploaded by different compilation albums with different ISRC codes. It's the same thing! The band has written other songs and those should be showcased in the top 10. Not 6 versions of the same thing.

garrettlucero

I'm honestly so glad seeing how many people are cancelling their membership and switching services. Keep it coming, guys!

WAKE UP SPOTIFY. Stop removing features, lying to your paying customers time after time, and ignoring what people really want. Spotify doesn't give a s*** about their customers or artists anymore.

So sick of this. Why should anyone pay for a service that continually gets worse?

There have been so many responses on the other "Solved" thread, so many votes/comments on this "New Idea", and yet they refuse to give any kind of update on the situation. So so so tired of their horrible customer treatment and the constant lies.

kwhxxler

This thread has over 12,000 views and 700 votes... is it not clear that consumers LOVED this feature? and what will spotify do about this? lie to us again and say they dont know what happened? this whole situation is honestly infuriating. SO FRUSTRATING that you simply cannot see what songs your fav artists are featured in.. this is a basic feature that is NEEDED. you are depriving artists from promoting THEIR OWN music. EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!

Wasiu

bring it back

docawk

People in this thread who have switched, could you kindly inform the rest of us who will likely move if this feature doesn't come back on what's available? 

How does Apple Music, Tidal, etc handle compilations, remixes, and other content that would traditionally show up in the Appears On section?

slr1966

Here's how Apple does it, they incorporate it into the artists albums. FOO.jpg