Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Change playback speed when listening to music

Ok before i start i want to tell you of the history of the requests for this issue. the oldest request i can find had 573 upvotes and was a generally good idea (Link to OP). 

spotify's response:

Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today as it's "Not Right Now" status hasn't changed in over 3 years. We're working hard to update the ideas you're voting on that have a chance at getting built at Spotify--we're trying to be fully transparent here. Please continue to leave your feedback here in the Idea Exchange so we can bring it to our product owners, thanks!

Now this response is basically saying: "since we dont have the time to implement this right now, we are going to close this case and never come back to it."

Another user had the same issue i had (post here) AND HE GOT CASED CLOSED FOR TRYING TO BRING BACK THE DISCUSSION.

Ok, now i think spotify should allow you to change the playback speed of tracks. Youtube has that abillity and honestly this makes me want to cancell my spotify premium plan and switch to a youtube red plan. Spotidy could even use it to get more premium users if it was a premium only feature. A lot of users like to listen to music at faster or slower speeds (especially slow orchestral music) and for us Youtube would be a better option.

Thank you for listening to my rant - Gacko

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

OswaldoS_SAO
This is a great idea, really. As a fan of electronic music, I see a lot of use for such a function. Let's vote!
Matt_Knight

Changing the playback speed is a really useful feature for practicing and teaching as well. This would be extremely helpful!

nmkloster

Upvoted! And I'd like to point out that opening the option in the app remote API would allow me to implement a neat idea for a simple remote app. I don't think I'm allowed to link to my submission here but 'app remote API speed' should get you there.

GitarSimon

This would be a great feature for musicians! 

DJAYPRO has this features for Spotify however.... 

Please make this TRUE. It's really useful for musicians, dancers and producers, which probably are the majority of premium users on Spotify. Actually this could be a missing features that could convert most of us to YouTube music 

MordZuber

A view point I have not seen mentioned yet is podcasts

I almost never want to listen to a podcast at regular speed, preferring at least 1.5x or 2

nmkloster

Some one pointed out that DJAYPRO has this feature and it is impressive that they managed that. However it does change the pitch slightly. If you will upvote my suggestion of adding the possibility to the remote API (search for 'app remote API speed') I'll make a usable app in a day. Promise!

GitarSimon

1. You can choose to keep the pitch in DJAYPRO when changing speed. 

2. The app "Amazing Slow Downer" can also play Spotify songs, change speed while keeping pitch and put sections of the song in loop. 

myersjackson

this would be a killer feature, and would absoulutly make the app 300000x better than it already is. don’t get me wrong, i love spotify but this would just really make it the real deal.