Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Change playback speed when listening to music

Ok before i start i want to tell you of the history of the requests for this issue. the oldest request i can find had 573 upvotes and was a generally good idea (Link to OP). 

spotify's response:

Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today as it's "Not Right Now" status hasn't changed in over 3 years. We're working hard to update the ideas you're voting on that have a chance at getting built at Spotify--we're trying to be fully transparent here. Please continue to leave your feedback here in the Idea Exchange so we can bring it to our product owners, thanks!

Now this response is basically saying: "since we dont have the time to implement this right now, we are going to close this case and never come back to it."

Another user had the same issue i had (post here) AND HE GOT CASED CLOSED FOR TRYING TO BRING BACK THE DISCUSSION.

Ok, now i think spotify should allow you to change the playback speed of tracks. Youtube has that abillity and honestly this makes me want to cancell my spotify premium plan and switch to a youtube red plan. Spotidy could even use it to get more premium users if it was a premium only feature. A lot of users like to listen to music at faster or slower speeds (especially slow orchestral music) and for us Youtube would be a better option.

Thank you for listening to my rant - Gacko

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
staffsarge

Spotify have been ridiculous on this.  This functionality has been requested a few times in different cases but ultimately closed by the Spotify team.  Claims that they're too busy - yet they're implementing almost no new features lol.  Crazy.

AKM17

As an alternate solution, just make the OS X version of Spotify compatable with the Amazing SlowDowner-- this is a feature which is *already present* in the iOS and Android versions. 

Petemars

100% agree. Speed control is essential to those of us who learn music by ear and want to use Spotify.

Keep_on_Boogie

Need this feature desperately for practicing dancing. Have been happy with DJAY in the past - I dont want to leave Spotify behind me....
Please show us, that you do a great job!

joshuarama

I would just like to add that I would like the ability to control speed when listening to Podcasts as well.

LindazonderL

Imagine all music students from different departments like : Classical, Indian classical, turkish, jazz, balkan, Indonesian, Latin,  in many parts of the world using spotify because of the ability to slow down tunes + good quality. It would be perfect to transcribe the music, they'll be listening for hours to spotify. Or for dancers who want to dance on a slower version of a certain song. I'm sure not all these student's will take the energy to vote, they'll just use youtube. So more reason to add this option!

Rim4

Any update?

Astronun

This needs to be a thing. Me and SEVERAL of my musician friends have all had long discussions about this idea and we agree it needs to happen. Give back to your musician customers, Spotify!

tbee

I just read that djay pro no longer supports spotify, apparently spotify blocks it (

algoriddim.com/streaming-migration)  But apparently without providing an alternative,  if i read thi...

Martinwn

This would be an amazing feature if it was avalable in desktop version. I work as a music teacher and often use spotify for educational pupouses. I do own the application "Amazing Slow Downer" for android, iOS and OSx. It's a very helpful tool in transposing for singers, setting practice tempos and looping passages. My issue is that the desktop version doesn't work with spotify and I always have to change devices during classes, which impeeds my workflow.

I would love it if this was available for spotify, or indeed any other streamming service, and i know I'm not alone in this as many of my colleagues and friends often work with similar tools.

This feature along with playlist sharing would 100% be the deciding factor in why people like myself or my students pay for any premium streaming service.