Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Light Mode option

Hi,

The new white text on black design physically hurts my eyes and gives very bad ghosting (i.e. persistent image like those in optical illusions that make you stare at particular color combinations and then look away). I know I'm not the only one with this issue because I've researched it in the past. Without an option to switch back to the old design (White background/black text), I'll need to delete my Spotify account and find another service. Please add an option to switch between the two (because I know many prefer black backgrounds). Myself and a host of others, however, cannot use these color combinations. Please let me know if there is a work-around; it would be much appreciated. It's basically unusable to me in it's current state.

~V

Updated on 2023-03-18

Hey folks,

This idea has been moved to a wrong place in the forum but is now back in its place.

We're keeping the status of Not Right Now as we still don't have any immediate plans to implement this, however, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any news to share.

Thanks!

Comments
OPAF

We need this... 

Im going blind at this rate and is a big deal breaker

Smooch

People are suggesting we go to another service. 

No Way I'm doing that!!!!!!!

I've tried Amazon Music, Apple Music and Google Music. 

They absolutely SUUUUUCK compared to Spotify. 

So I'd rather get used to this dark theme than go to those junk services. 

ESPECAILLY NOW WHEN SPOTIFY NEEDS US.

The big corporations are totally trying to kill them and I'm not falling for it. 

lewis144
Yet the smaller corporations are not listening to customer feedback, something they should be doing better.
Smooch

Yes, no question about it. 

They should be listening. 

However I'm not moving because of this.

universecity

For everyone that has to deal with pain due to the color scheme, try “Smart Invert”. It’s a mode you can find on IOS devices that will give you a white with black text design when opening Spotify (Settings^General^Accessibility^Display Accommodations^Invert Colors). Hope this was helpful!

occurred

@universecity wrote:

For everyone that has to deal with pain due to the color scheme, try “Smart Invert”. It’s a mode you can find on IOS devices that will give you a white with black text design when opening Spotify (Settings^General^Accessibility^Display Accommodations^Invert Colors). Hope this was helpful!

If this would be possible for just one app, then it would be cool, but it will change the design for the whole device and so I'm getting a black background in general 😞

eddiewhetzel
SO! I downloaded Xpotify from the Microsoft app store. It's a PWA and works really well. After using today, I just paid for the Pro version ($1.99); it doesn't give any more options or capabilities, but it's just a way to support the developer. I am now playing my Spotify playlists using a light theme background. Hallelujah! Hopefully the developer will give us Xpotify PWA on Android and iOS!
csdqtnwa0385whb

Please implement the white theme! It's really hard for the eyes to switch among white windows to black window and then back. :'(

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

markeschlesinge
I’m curious, why not? Seemingly simple thing to do with HUGE value