Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
PandaNerd1337

Even the fact that customers have to go out of their way to shout at this company to regain a feature that was always a thing is simply pathetic. 

I'm disgusted. 

kkruglov

Bring it back.

It's an option that should be in the app. If you remove it, explain WHY for gods sake.

Kureiji_monki

I can’t vote

Bucken77

Not even possible to hear friends in chat or game sound anymore. Makes it unusable on Xbox! One week away from cancelling my subscription. Bring it back!

crisorlandobr

Another idea: Fire people who removed good features and hire better developers
Specially the Android app with a 4G connection working with other apps and Spotify always saying its offline

We don't pay premium for this

tester2020

Same here. @Peter sorry but your reply is really dissapointing. A lot of people are working from home now, the (premium user) experience should be seamless as earlier. The volume control is essential dont you agree? Please fix this and listen to your customers, textbook 101. Thank you.

le_Pacha

I need to be able to control the volume on the TV app (Samsung TV) which is hooked with a dac by toslink (no volume knob).
Youtube let you cast audio and video TV and manage the volume with the phone so you should be able to do it also.
In fact in spotify app  on android, the volume slider is moving but the volume stay the same.

Lawles5

Why I can't vote?

RaikouWolf

Unbelievable that we're still having to collect votes on this, if you have friends who have Spotify please link them to this so we can hit 600 quicker! 

@lawles5 can you see the voting button or is it just not letting you vote ? 

StrawHatKhalifa

You have to make sure you’re registered with the community before you can vote. It just wants you to pick a name it’s super easy.