Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
rileyhelliwell

so let me get this straight-

spotify is a multi-BILLION dollar company, that ONLY streams music, that SUCKS at streaming music.

the fact that we need 600 upvotes to get a NECESSARY feature back that you all removed with no explanation/foresight, is embarrassing. Your customer support was telling people it was a bug, and to reinstall all of their spotify apps. 

I am very thankful that I am on my roommates family plan and do not pay for**bleep** because I would feel straight up insulted if I did.

kayleneah

It won't allow me to vote... I want to vote, I want this feature back. But it's like the hyperlink is broken. Whyyyyyy this is so annoying. 

RaikouWolf
I think it's because the hyperlink is taking you to the page you're already
on

Scroll up near the top and you should see the original post with the option
to vote below it!
AaliBear

We need 600 votes for this feature to be reimplemented? I don't understand why it was taken out in the first place.

Flyboy937

No, we need 600 votes for them to even consider bringing back this feature that they took away. IF we get the 600 and IF they consider it, who knows how long it will be until the issue is fixed. Could be months. 

virtuaxe

IDEA!!?? ARE YOU SERIOUS,  you keep removing features into oblivion, this FUKN BS

RaikouWolf

At this rate we won't event hit the 600 likes needed

Can't put into words how poor this has been by Spotify. Been a customer for nearly 5 years and will be dumping them for a better service 

Polynemone

How is it a ‘new idea’?

it existed and then Spotify removed it... why even do that?

Deadprez1

The worst feature they've ever removed was being able to search through a playlist on android by simply scrolling to the top of that playlist. I need to figure out how to download older versions of the app. Best music streaming service but they really try to make themselves worse every update on every platform.

Mooncakes03

To make it so you can vote you might need to give your account a name so follow this

1) scroll up to the top and click your profile picture when signed in

2) it should say "choose a nickname" under your picture on the left do that and it should work

It just worked for me.