Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
Backhand123

Very simple solution, roll back the app version to when it actually had cross platform device control. Who is managing this app? You don't have a GitHub like platform to compare commit changes made to your own software? It's just ridiculous to see such mismanagement. "New Idea" 😂🙏 great joke. It's been a whole month. We had this feature TWO MONTHS AGO. PUT IT BACK.

StrawHatKhalifa

We MIGHT be in luck! EDWIN FOR THE SAVE?70AF76B6-39F3-4F42-A5CF-FEB5D6363A3E.png

StrawHatKhalifa

I’m very sorry to say guys, even after talking to the tech guy from Spotify this is the last straw. For my Xbox people this is MY workaround. Switch to Apple Music, and buy the turtle beaches stealth 700 gen 2. Pair it to your phone and Xbox and problem solved. Sucks because I’ve built two playlists for gaming at this point. 

430E8C8B-3F15-40F6-9B2D-440C34C886B6.png

PaulLFC

So nearly 2000 votes and over a month with no response from Spotify. 

That just shows how little they actually pay attention to their customers. 

Flyboy937

Spotify: we did our part here. NOW DO YOURS!! At least give us some kind of acknowledgement. If you're not going to address this issue just let us know so we can take our business elsewhere.

In the meantime I suggest we all endlessly spam the support chats since this process clearly isn't working. They can't continue to ignore all of us. 

"Thanks again for your patience and understanding" Go F. U. C. K. yourselves with that! We've all been more than patient enough through this whole mess that you've created.

EFDisaster

The lack of control from a connected device IN COMBINATION with the lack of a separate volume in the XBOX environment makes this unusable for music while gaming. We have no choice but to try competing services; Spotify is driving away its customers. If another service fills the need, it is fairly likely that it will also become the music service of choice on all of our devices, for when we're gaming, or commuting, or just sitting back and listening to music. 

nlevings

What's up SPOTIFY? Has you internal team made a determination to ignore customers?

Deathbeak

This isn’t a new idea, is unfortunately an old one that some stupid person on your dev team decided to remove. Bring it back!! I never use Spotify on my Xbox anymore. Between you and Xbox the volume controls on each are caked under 7 layers of scrolling and clicking. So so annoying. FIX IT!

MoistMeatSleeve

I thought I was going insane. Why on God's green globe would they remove this feature. This should be a default across every device.

Maybe next update they will just remove cross play as well.

HarryHood

It's been this way for years on playstation, with no attention to the isue. Now, you implement the same ridiculous change to the xbox volume. It's like, Spotify doesn't want people to use their service while gaming... is this a way to save money on paying royalties to the music companies by limiting when people can stream music?  Spotify is unusable on xbox and playstation, as 5% volume is louder than the game or voice chat. Prob time to cancel and go with another service. What a bummer. Devs are straight 🤡