Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
soobin-ssi

we are paying for a music streaming service. however, a simple addition of the option to remove certain episodes or playlist from our homepage will be a better user interface. As some of the aforementioned playlists and episodes have a lewd art. basically softcore "corn" I hope u take this idea into consideration.

mountainwalker

Just adding my voice - the non-relevant home page is my biggest negative about Spotify, and I see it every time I start the app.  It's too hard to find my own items.  Please change the home page so premium users can display what we want.

Matoada

Adding my voice too. Please only alow remove some podcast from fontpage.
Premium user.

I appreciate your decision to label this thread 'not right now', but the continuous swapping and changing of the homepage is reaching annoying levels. Especially all the 'look at this' content meant that I have difficulties finding the music I actually WANT.    I switched off the app twice in the past week because it was getting too complicated and just switched on the radio instead. I don't think that is what you're hoping for.

The is especially the case with podcasts where I listen to ONE podcast on your platform which is hard to get elsewhere, yet a considerable portion of my homescreen is now dedicated to podcasts. 

I used to be a fan because you were quite customer-centric. But I am finding myself  looking at other music services. Stop pushing product, start listening to users. 

Fred_F

Allowing subscribers to customize their Spotify would be a big boost.
95 procent of my home screen is complete nonsense to me.
Podcasts I've listened to for one minute stay forever, impossible to get rid of.
Now a lot of Christmas music is highlighted and I'm completely uninterested in Christmas music.
I think Spotify should separate podcasts and music into two different tabs at the top of the app.

hallowayillu

Adding to page 105 of this idea because it's come to my attention spotify implements very few of its most liked ideas. You can find other most liked ideas by erasing content in the search bar and hitting enter, then sorting by likes. You might also notice that "popular ideas," "trending ideas," and "new ideas" on the ideas landing page are under 1000 likes each. It's clear the likes feature is a way to manage user expectations.

It'd be great to have a customizable start page. I accidentally clicked through some erotic stories podcasts for funsies, giggling at some of the content, only for it to constantly show up in suggested content at work. That's always fun for my coworkers to see. 

Spotify, you could keep your financially beneficial influence on us and allow some basic customization. Would love if I could move mixes/moods to the top, move recent away completely or away from the top. It'd be cool to have a couple sections to chose the topic of (e.g. suggestions by genre/artist/track of choice), choose to remove the giant banner if you find it offensive (I'm not Christian. I don't want Christmas content forced all over the app). I don't want to see the clutter of my own saved podcasts' shows at the top. Get this, if I want to see my own saved podcasts, I'll click on podcasts. Agreed the current layout with 6 very different suggestions based off of recent listening is a great option to see first thing upon loading the service, but then right underneath it they are often repeated (shocker). Lost opportunity for Spotify to guide their users or more. See picture for reference.customizehomepage.png

Yes, please, make Home Screen customizable so users can decide what to see there. 
In my case, I don’t want/need podcasts to show up every time I open Spotify. I use Apple Podcasts for that. I just need Spotify for listening to music. 

RampantDemon

A feature request with over 10k votes that's been open for 5 years, is still actively getting votes and it's still in the backlog.  Is this a joke?  Its something I'd expect from Atlassian but this is actually below their standards!

kddmail45

Please reduce the number of elements on the home page. When you launch the app there are between 150 and 200 elements that one can select from. This is disorienting and makes using the app confusing rather than joyful. The home page should help me navigate to what I want. It should not be a list of over 150 items of Spotify "offering suggestions". Use AI to suggest just 10 total things I may want.

Drenami

Spotify, fix this problem ffs. Either that or provide an actual explanation for why you can't do that. JFC this is so basic and fundamental. Not only is this an ignorant and tone deaf development decision, but it now screws up the integration with Microsoft Focus, which uses the Spotify "shortcut" selections to populate the focus music choices. So, if you are dumb enough to try new music and podcasts on Spotify then your Microsoft focus selections get unilaterally replaced by the app. If this doesn't get addressed, I will absolutely non-renew Spotify and consider this brand permanently damaged due to gross neglect of the clear wishes of the user community. Total. Fail.