Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
bernie79

I want to upgrade to premium Spotify, but I can not understand why my home screen is full of things I don't want. How many people have to tell you to fix this before you do? I am getting ready to deactivate my Spotify account as my home screen is full of items I don't want, can't delete and are making it beyond difficult to find content I do want. I can't find the items I do want, please address this. I have never seen this issue on other platforms, stop pretending that you have some type of restriction that prevents users from removing an item from the home screen. 

deeleea

I gave up, cancelled my account and moved to Tidal where it's just all about the music and I can separate concerns between my music and podcast interests. The one exclusive podcast I listened to moved off Spotify so there was no reason to stay, especially as even as a paid subscriber, podcasts still attract ads. Just not enough to keep me. Thanks Spotify, it was good while it lasted... but maybe listening to what your audience instead of being complacent in your success would be a stronger strategy to keep listeners who've been paying for that success for years.

smckennas32

I think this item should be reconsidered as a high priority for safety and displaying age appropriate content on the home screen.  My wife and I enjoy listening to "sexy" music that has racy cover art, even some of the naughty stories together at night.  Although when Apple Car Play comes on in the morning on our drive to drop the kids off at school, words like "audio **bleep**", "Exotica", as well as inappropriate cover art images (lingerie, etc.) can be read and viewed on the car screen by elementary age children.  Not to mention if our older conservative parents get in the car, then NOPE, we aren't listening to our Spotify app.  This WILL convert folks to Apple Music, potentially including our entire family plan.  Just sayin!

smckennas32

You know what else is hilarious.....your comment section just inserted the term **BLEEP** in lieu of the word P - O - R - N in the comment I just posted directly above (👆), but you allow it on your Spotify cover page where kids can see it on an Apple Car Play screen. 

IRONIC & STUPID.

ziljon

The comical thing is that instead of making it better they just continuously making it worse (but that is how it's always been with Spotify I guess).

Since podcasts got added on the home screen I always clicked the library tab as soon as I logged in. But that is no longer an option after the "wonderful" library changes. It's quite obvious why they made those changes. Its' so that they'll maximise the amount of time u'r on the home tab to see their pushed content. It's frankly disgusting.

I have been a premium user for over a decade but I feel now that not many more straws are needed to break this camels back.

I'm so sick of 90% of my home screen having zero relevance to me; being podcasts and random pop music I'd never listen to!

This is a reply to all. It is apparent that this will not be changed in the
foreseeable future if at all. I am choosing to either put up with it or
delete the app and go elsewhere. I do not think any more pleas will make a
difference. This is likely what most things are about ... money. I imagine
there are some sponsored or paid things that show up whether one wants them
or not. So, as for me, I will change or make the best of it ... sorry to
say.
MrBue

Spotify will not change anything. You can see that in the many threads on this topic. Either closed, set to "not now" or ignored.

Simply change the provider! I did that after more than ten years and have been happy with my decision ever since.

benhev

I’d mainly like to not get fascist far right podcasts in my feed. It’d be best if I could report them in addition to hiding, but I guess it’s not good for business. 

dharmalarm1

I'm risking immediate dismissal as a bigot, but I'll speak my mind anyhow because I know that I am not.

Everything on the app homepage is based on my listening history and interests, except the #2 slot, which is dedicated to some completely irrelevant theme of racial/sexual/gender intersectionality.

If Spotify would simply slide these artists into one of the relevant playlists to me, then I could listen to it on the merits of what I hear, and not what I see. But because Spotify has spotlighted them in a way that is knowingly divisive and controversial, there is no chance I will tune in. But I'm sure Spotify has thought this through and knows that most people will learn to completely gloss over that #2 section. This leads me to believe it's there as a bullyish move, rather than an effort to actually get those artists more play. People who choose music based on identity politics will be seeking these artists out anyway, and should be easy to target with this content. It doesn't need to be plastered globally. And it doesn't make me a bigot to prefer it gone from my homepage.