Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
salishna

Its hilarious that the Mods keep linking people making complaints about this to this idea...which is marked as, 'Not Right Now'.  So, we truly see how much Spotify gives a damn.  I've got two shows cluttering up my home screen and I barely listened to them.  But sure, give that prime real estate on my home page.

eXnihilo7

In what universe does a paying customer get ignored and not get what they've asked for, especially when there's this many asking? I'm tired of the political propaganda and other trash that is all over my home screen. I dont come here for anything but music, and specifically the music I listen to, so I should get to choose what I see. If you guys cant figure that out, maybe it's time for a mass exodus to a better platform, where the customers that pay your salary aren't blown off.

for the love of god i BEG of you PLEASE.

I wish apple music worked on my android device. I have a feeling that apple wouldn't saddle me up with communism and tiddies.

I agree with you on the home screen but having social care is not communism
and not even close.
eXnihilo7

Social care? I pay Spotify for access to have whatever music I choose at my fingertips, and to be able to customize my experience to my liking. As for their social and political views...I dont give a cr ap what they think. I didnt ask for it, so cut it. Has nothing to do with providing a music service.

lucysky

Just adding my voice here - the home screen on desktop (Mac) is a complete mess. As it stands right now it's hardly usable for me, as it shows me rows and rows of stuff I am not interested in - like tons of podcasts I will never listen to. And even worse: the stuff I actually do want to see is buried so far down, it might as well be on the moon.

It's incredibly disappointing that we have zero control over what is displayed on the home screen. I kind of understand that users with free accounts might sometimes be shown stuff that they're not super interested in, but there is NO excuse to force irrelevant content on Premium users. 

I have been a Premium user for many many years and I have seen countless bad updates, lost features, ignored requests and disappointing changes to the software during that time. So I'm not really surprised that an important feature request like this one gets the "not right now" status... Implementing a customisation option for the home screen should be a no brainer for Spotify - but as usual, features that would actually improve the user experience are clearly not a priority for the company 😞

@rustybowow: "having social care is not communism"

Not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that podcasts praising communism are not about communism?

Anyway. Spotify please save us from the weird stuff on our home pages. A 'not interested' button would honestly be enough!

heheheheheheha

When will you provide a status update on not forcing podcasts upon premium subscribers?  At least combine the "ideas" into one so you realize this is the #1 most requested "idea". I already left Spotify for this but I am really hating Apple Music!  I want to come back to Spotify please!!!   Let me turn off all Podcasts!!!

Appreciate

Absolutely desperate for this feature, nothing could be added that would be more useful than this.

emunahrose
please allow customization of individual start screen. will continue asking. hopeful.