[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Orthusaku
Visitor

I support this even if I can't vote

experbia
Casual Listener

Coming in as requested from a thread requesting the option to remove podcast recommendations from the home screen: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Removing-podcast-recommendations-on-my-home-screen/td-p/480...

To see this marked "not right now" is disheartening. I made the mistake of using Spotify to listen to a podcast over a year ago now and now have to swipe past tons of this juvenile trash every time I open Spotify. Please let us dismiss the podcast garbage.

stupid_podcast.png

densik
Regular

At the very least we should be able to dismiss certain podcasts so they never show again or not shown again for a good long duration of time. This would help the algorithms figure out what we like too...no?

kvidell

This would make the homescreen at least something I spend more than two seconds looking at before I move off to something I actually care about.

iamfrancisyo
Visitor

Please allow customization of start page! I just want to see new albums from artists I follow, and recently played. 

Cemilia
Visitor

So you try out certain podcasts to find out you're not a fan but you're stuck with them forever on your homepage? Please give SOME customizability to this.

xinxinflyer
Casual Listener

Hello! There is currently lots of sexual contents in "Episodes for you" for me and there is no way to remove them! I'd like a dislike feature or remove feature for these recommendations! Thanks!

pbert
Regular

This now has over 4000 votes - when will Spotify listen to their paying customers rather than push monetized podcasts at us?

z336
Visitor

You can barely customize the Home screen in the app. I do listen to some podcasts, but now you're just shoving them in my face every time I open the app. Let us customize the menus we see first instead of telling us we should be listening to podcasts all the time.

karakol

And now they create a daily mix with podcasts in it. Every time I'm trying Spotify, it's worse.