[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Ahmedeid

Am not type of listening to podcasts person so seeing in home page in category your shows 3 podcasts, I get annoyed everytime seeing that and can't do nothing. so plz hurry up with modifying option for the users to have better experience

xithix

The home screen has been an eyesore for me since it started with "Made For You", and is even worse in the age of "Your Shows". It is so far off the mark with playlist/podcast recommendations which I must view on a daily basis. Please provide just quality content, and not desperate and conspicuous schemes to "engage" me.

calzonee

God this is annoying. I generally like Spotify, but this is the one thing I truly hate about it. Why can't we customize or remove things from the home screen? Random podcasts I have listened to momentarily and don't care about are stuck there forever. I just want to be able to never see them again on my home screen. And the amount of comments and votes this has gotten and still no movement. I'd settle for being able to delete my history entirely (and then never listen to another podcast on Spotify again). Fix this already!

Mac_Holgate

I agree, especially on the phone app. I would love to delete those jump back in suggestions for podcasts I've tried and didn't like. I'd love to be able to remove the recommended for me section that's based on songs or episodes I didn't enjoy. It would be awesome to get rid of episodes for me, continue listening, or find something new. 

It would be great to have more control over what I see, to be able to customize and streamline my dashboard the way I would like it, not based on who is paying the most on advertising this week.

pickausernameok

Over and over for years, users have begged you, Spotify, to be able to customize our home pages. I hate podcasts and I resent them being shoved at me constantly. Either let me customize my homepage, or let me at least turn off the constant podcast advertising. I am not interested in podcasts and I did not sign up for Spotify to listen to podcasts. I want my music with no distractions. PERIODT.

jkasp22

Agreed, the junk home screen is getting really tedious. If I wanted to have trending, presumed, or sponsored suggestions force fed down my throat every time I logged in, there's a place for that- it's called the internet. Please, Spotify, make it stop. To date I've had zero useful suggestions, and a whole lot of stuff that makes me want to drink everything under the kitchen sink rather than listen to music.

betimi8

How is this STILL not solved, it is clearly shoved down our throats, i could not careless about podcasts, I have never ever listened to them, yet I have to scroll past them every single time that I open the homescreen. And then there's that smiling dork whose face i have to see so many times throughout the day even though i have never clicked on his podcast. At least stop pushing them on us premium users??

pizzicatoiv
Music Fan

I want a way to dismiss or pin certain recommendation rows on my spotify homepage. I am not interested in many of these rows and would like to customize through dismissal feedback. Similarly, there are rows which I often check i.e. "Made for you" but they may not be on the page. I want to ensure these are on the page by a pin.

ZareliNoise
Casual Listener

Wow 55 pages of not caring one bit about customers.
This has to be the worst subscription service support I've ever seen.

I recommend 'playlist buddy app' for migrating playlists to YTMusic once you uninstall Spotify.

fddeg
Music Fan

Today, 80% of all suggestions on the Home screen consist of podcasts. I don't listen to podcasts via Spotify. This is becoming more ridiculous by the day. 

EIGHTY percent!