Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
pickausernameok

Over and over for years, users have begged you, Spotify, to be able to customize our home pages. I hate podcasts and I resent them being shoved at me constantly. Either let me customize my homepage, or let me at least turn off the constant podcast advertising. I am not interested in podcasts and I did not sign up for Spotify to listen to podcasts. I want my music with no distractions. PERIODT.

jkasp22

Agreed, the junk home screen is getting really tedious. If I wanted to have trending, presumed, or sponsored suggestions force fed down my throat every time I logged in, there's a place for that- it's called the internet. Please, Spotify, make it stop. To date I've had zero useful suggestions, and a whole lot of stuff that makes me want to drink everything under the kitchen sink rather than listen to music.

betimi8

How is this STILL not solved, it is clearly shoved down our throats, i could not careless about podcasts, I have never ever listened to them, yet I have to scroll past them every single time that I open the homescreen. And then there's that smiling dork whose face i have to see so many times throughout the day even though i have never clicked on his podcast. At least stop pushing them on us premium users??

pizzicatoiv

I want a way to dismiss or pin certain recommendation rows on my spotify homepage. I am not interested in many of these rows and would like to customize through dismissal feedback. Similarly, there are rows which I often check i.e. "Made for you" but they may not be on the page. I want to ensure these are on the page by a pin.

ZareliNoise

Wow 55 pages of not caring one bit about customers.
This has to be the worst subscription service support I've ever seen.

I recommend 'playlist buddy app' for migrating playlists to YTMusic once you uninstall Spotify.

red_robin

Today, 80% of all suggestions on the Home screen consist of podcasts. I don't listen to podcasts via Spotify. This is becoming more ridiculous by the day. 

EIGHTY percent!

SweatyMane

it's really annoying to have to find the things i'm looking for because they're in a different place every time. for being something so many people use on commutes, it's unnecessarily time consuming to play hide and seek

clarkpj

Due to the major limitations with Spotify kids I am using normal Spotify for my children. I do not want to see scantily clad women on the home page for my 13 year old child. Please allow the home screen to be personalised.

Zoonvanjohan

I used to love spotify, but the shenenigans over the years with the desktop app and reduced usability of the home/start screen, and finally the in-app-ads for Duo made me realize my money is better spent elsewhere. My premium is cancelled and taken to a competitor. 

I'd love to get back when spotify has their priorities straight again; which no less includes a proper navigation and/or homescreen experience as discussed thoroughly in this topic. Until then! Adios ...

dr3wpnu1z

Please remove the forced corporate wokeness in my feed.