[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
SweatyMane

it's really annoying to have to find the things i'm looking for because they're in a different place every time. for being something so many people use on commutes, it's unnecessarily time consuming to play hide and seek

clarkpj
Casual Listener

Due to the major limitations with Spotify kids I am using normal Spotify for my children. I do not want to see scantily clad women on the home page for my 13 year old child. Please allow the home screen to be personalised.

Zoonvanjohan
Regular

I used to love spotify, but the shenenigans over the years with the desktop app and reduced usability of the home/start screen, and finally the in-app-ads for Duo made me realize my money is better spent elsewhere. My premium is cancelled and taken to a competitor. 

I'd love to get back when spotify has their priorities straight again; which no less includes a proper navigation and/or homescreen experience as discussed thoroughly in this topic. Until then! Adios ...

dr3wpnu1z

Please remove the forced corporate wokeness in my feed.

salishna
Casual Listener

...surprise, surprise.  Another request to remove clutter from our home screens...ignored.  Yet again. 

rygle

How ridiculous that in a service that's all about playing your music, you can't see your music the way that you want to see it so that you can play what you want to play, not what the app is pushing you to play.

Bad, Spotify, Bad! No Soup for You!

BadOxymoron

"We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement."

Read: "We make more money via direct advertisers on podcasts than we do per stream of a song or the subscription fees of you, the people who actually use our service...soOooOoo yeah we're going to keep pestering you and hope you click on one accidentally teehee :3"

stevez12
Visitor

This seems like an obvious feature/option to provide users.  I wonder if Spotify is getting kickbacks from record labels/podcast networks to suggest certain songs/podcasts.  I guess this is how payola works in the internet age.

iPaq
Music Fan

So dead sick of seeing all these podcasts on my home screen when I open Spotify. I don't even listen to podcasts on this platform or anywhere for that matter. I'd like a way to remove them from all platforms without having to hack slash the UI apart myself.

There is so much garbage there which isn't useful to me. Let alone all these slightly strange podcast icons which keep popping up on my monitor.

andytraff

When I open Spotify I just go to the Your Library tab and ignore the Home screen all together.