[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
pickausernameok

Well, Spotify, you can keep moving this request to not right now all you want, but I'm done with you. I've canceled my subscription and I have set up a lovely TIDAL account which does not shove podcasts at me, constantly. Funny thing is, the music actually sounds better over there, as well. You have failed, Spotify. Goodbye.

Trax1mus

Users should be able to choose what the main thing is they see on their home screen not just have it default to something that doesn't interest them, for example, row after row of podcasts is not ideal for primarily a music listener, and the other way around.  Without ever listening to a podcast my home page is packed with them and support explained that is the default setting that I cannot change which is very frustrating, I don't get as many playlist recommendations as often anymore which is my main interest

sylanteer
Casual Listener

Currently the "Episodes for you" block displays above "Made for ..." block. I am not listening to podcasts in Spotify (prefere Podcast Addict for that) and have no means to remove this block. 

Moreover I don't understand why Podcasts block is displyed first when Spotify was more about music and not podcasts.

So the idea is to add an option to sort blocks the way user see fit or at least be able to remove the Podcasts block completely.

user-removed
Not applicable

As long as it allows me to get all the Podcast**bleep** off my homepage. It appears Spotify has no interest in this and will continue to shove Podcast ads up our ass so they can take my Spotify account and shove it up their ass. I'm done.

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks for the Tidal tip. Turns out, Tidal also offers a military and first responder discount which results in better fidelity at a better price for me WITH NO PODCAST ADS. See ya Spotify. 

pickausernameok

I'm so happy to hear it worked out well for you, Coastie. I never considered myself some big audiophile, but the difference in how the music *sounds* over there, is stunning. My only regret is that I gave Spotify two years of good faith, waiting and hoping that they would eventually allow us to streamline our Spotify experience away from podcasts if we so chose. 'Looks instead like they want to learn the hard way. Their loss! Fair winds and following seas, friend Enjoy your Tidal! 

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanx Pickauser. Like many others here, I have been complaining about this issue for awhile. Spotify can **bleep**-off at this point. Shut down premium, closed my account, and deleted the app. And the fidelity difference with Tidal over Spotify is quite noticeable. 

Neenus07
Visitor

I'm not sure why i can't vote on this idea but I would also like to see this functionality it should be pretty easy for your developers to put together ... I'm not sure why I keep getting recommended to list to the Jordan B. Peterson Podcast when I never listened to the guy or searched his not or even listened to other podcasts that is remotely similar to him please give me this functionality so I can get rid of a lot of junk that your AI is recommending to me and pisses me off every time I open Spotify.

rsmarshbank

Yep. Another user annoyed that I pay to use Spotify and am served in-app ads disguised as "recommendations" for me. I don't want to see these and I don't want to use Spotify for my podcasts at all... I am considering just cancelling Spotify and switching to Apple Music. Or just the old fashioned way of downloading and storing on my phone... We've got plenty of storage space now for all the music we need.

31dbnftavepyup3
Casual Listener

Guys, it is 2021!

This idea started in 2018 - please - that button that shows/hides items on app - it is a 30 min work for a mid-developer that is used with the app. The psychologist or whoever decides that customizing homescreen is bad for business should be fired. Please please, don't be like Windows.