Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Mac_Holgate

Just chiming in to add my monthly "This **bleep**, let ME control how MY page looks" comment.

I don't want ghost of podcasts and artists I didn't enjoy haunting my app every day when I boot it up. If I enjoyed them they would be in my favorite list, not an annoying reminder that I can never get rid of and need to scroll past on a daily basis.

How many more years do you plan on ignoring the suggestions of thousands of users?

willyroo

4+ years of this suggestion and still no movement.  Yet Spotify messes up useful features (car mode anyone?)...  Why, oh why, must podcasts I have no interest in remain "stuck" on my home page?

Natwek

My homepage looks super annoying. Sometimes it stops me from opening Spotify. This intrusive kind of promotion definitely doesn't help the podcasts are being "promoted" to promote. It rather makes them unwanted and hated.  

eurohilli

I have little idea why Spotify seems to think I want to learn French or listen to random French podcasts. It could be that at one point I listened to about 20 mins of French pop, about 6 months ago. The thing is I'm based in the Dutch speaking half of Belgium and that is the language and region my account is set to. I'm now (temporarily) in Austria, yet Spotify still seems to think I should learn French. Umm, they speak German in Austria, by the way. The rest of the podcasts are completely irrelevant. They need to go, because I don't actually listen to podcasts, ever.

I don't have much faith in them actually doing anything about this very necessary feature anytime soon, if at all, if the whole Apple M1 app 'idea' debacle was anything to go by, but hey, miracles can still happen... 

jmo1112

This is absolute trash that you can't customize the home screen, or at least hide things you're not interested in...like podcasts. Or hide Murder Podcasts and stuff like "Guys We've **bleep**ed" off the suggestion list for a Family Premium account for my 9-year-old. Using Spotify Kids is a horrible option, since it's full of terrible songs and hides mildly suggestive music, as well as anything that's currently popular. So I choose to "hide explicit music" on my kids' profiles. Guess what it not only doesn't hide, but suggests... you got it! Murder! Lots and lots of murder! 

So glad Spotify marked this suggestion as "Not Right Now" and "we have no plans to implement this" wildly popular suggestion. Just double-bird your paying customers. Good stuff.  Assholes.

struggling-user

This is such a huge regression in the Spotify UI. I don't know how this isn't a top priority for the team right now. I listened to one podcast on Spotify and now my default Spotify homepage is 40% covered with podcast recommendations that I have no interest in.

struggling-user

I'll add that my family has been premium subscribers for 5+ years and this has been a big enough annoyance for us to look into other services.

Currently trying out Deezer, which is less expensive, pays the artists double of what Spotify pays, appears to have a similar catalogue size so far, and doesn't fill my home page with podcast recommendations.

cheesndope

This is so dumb.  Between this and being the last streaming service with hifi quality I’m out.  Switching to Tidal.  Thanks for nothing. 

drikus

i have listen, one time by mistake, one podcast,.. then i have in first position on  my homepage : some similar Popular podcast.

This recommandation stay for month now and i it really get my nerves.

i can't remove this suggestion, i can't tell i'm not interested, i'm premium for good sake!

i'll resign  next month, because im sick of this.

veganmian_osumi

PLEASE ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO EDIT THEIR HOMESCREEN. I already didn't like podcasts clogging up my feed on Spotify when I do not listen to podcasts on Spotify, and never will, because I will not have both my music and podcasts on the same app. But now it's really bothering me because for some reason there's a podcast interview of a known sexual assaulter on my "recommended podcasts" EVERY time I open up my screen. Now every time I open up Spotify (which is multiple times a day), I have to see his name. So not Spotify shoving podcasts down our throat is not only annoying and clogs up my Spotify home, it also makes me genuinely upset.