Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
eurohilli

As long as we're paying our 10 bucks a month and doing something on their platform, why should they care what we do? If all I want is to do is search and listen to music all day, what do they care?

All I'm seeing on the Apple Music app right now is just that, music. I have disliked a few artists and they have in fact been removed from recommendations. Slowly but surely Apple Music is showing me more and more of what I want to listen to. If I want Apple podcasts, there's another app for that.

I stopped watching MTV back in the 90's because they stopped playing music videos. I also don't watch VH1 anymore because they've gone the same way.

In the case of MTV, VH1 and Spotify, they obviously have their target market, which doesn't seem to include music lovers anymore, but that's fine, because there are plenty other options, and they all know that but clearly don't care.

smedslund

Well, i guess it is time to cancel our family sub after 10 years and move on to another streaming service.

I pay for this and still the option for continuing play music is available as default and now you are putting the possibility to get rid of the annoying pods section to later.

Give me a break.

As a Swedish company you should have learned that the customer are always right.

geoshina

I've cancelled my premium subscription. I've been a Premium user for 7 years now. 

I'm using Apple Music and I feel so good for not having podcasts being shoved at me whenever I want to listen to music. 

itabashiku

The inability to customize or at least trim down the home screen across devices is a must-have. 

I checked out 1 pod cast once, and I get some useless suggestions as a result. 

How about some proper customer service on this?

Many thanks

itabashiku

The inability to customize or at least trim down the home screen across devices is a must-have. 

I checked out 1 pod cast once, and I get some useless suggestions as a result. 

How about some proper customer service on this?

Many thanks

PS: I am a premium customer. 

Iguala

I’m seriously thinking in canceling my premium subscription 

Hate to see things I don’t like

Like somebody else said, it’s going to be spotibye

Apple Music looks a lot better 

I left spotify a few days ago after the podcast sh*t. A breath of fesh air at the new provider. No podcasts whatsover. Instead I get video with selected music. Come on guys leave, there is much brigher light on the other size of the tunnel.

My subscription expires in 2 weeks. They last thing to do is request account deletion and a demand for a report that demands what is still on record (GDPR). Please follow suit 😉

I went to Tidal 🙂

sptofui

How many votes does it need until someone looks into this? Your recommendations are really really annoying.

PerAxel

It seems every app Home page wants to control what we see.  This is a marketing tool to try to get us to "pay" more, and hey, it's business.  And we have the option to ignore this, as I do.  I used to get iritated as it distracted me from why I came to Spotify, to listen to music of my choice.  And long ago the interface was much better.  But they need to make money, and I am also a paying Premium client.  So we must suffer with what they want.  It is just like Apple consistently turning on "show Apple Music" after every update andafter you re-boot your iPhone.  Turning it off each and every time is the very first thing I do.  So these same situations also apply to many other apps.  But what the app developers do not see is that this gives other app developers an opportunity to design their app for easy use.  Look at all the music apps out there - Spotify, Apple Music, Soundhound and Pandora and many others.  Not even including streaming radio station apps with hundreds of stations.  Apps need to change, but they also risk running away clients, paying clients like myself, when their app gets messy.  

putdeksel

This is just embarassing. 7k+ votes for something that should be (and probably is) super simple to implement, but 'not right now'?! The literal only reason I'm still with Spotify is I'm getting it for free with my internet subscription, otherwise I'd be long gone. This is just the latest in a long long LONG list of user complaints/feature requests Spotify is structurally ignoring. The second Spotify stops being free for me, I'm gone.