Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
bfth2001

Well, living in the Dystopian United Kingdom, where we have a Cost of Living Crisis, Energy Crisis and a multitude of other Abnormal Greedy behaviour, like most other countries, I find it near impossible to fund Greedy Companies who rise their prices and change layouts just because it makes them a slimy buck on the side, especially when people are finding it hard to breathe, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Instagram and others have made their owners billions, they simply don't give a **bleep** about their users now, they have made their money, already Dumped Netflix and Amazon they can kiss my Armpit, might dig out my trusty portable Flac Player, and stick to my  own collection, this company has lost its way and attraction, like many others.

Tmugs

I'm tired of seeing podcasts that I don't listen to on my start screen.  Let me remove them!

onetwothreebabies

This would be amazing. Please consider this idea! 

bfth2001

Hey Folks

I don't think the Peeps at Spotify listen to their Customers anyway, probably have safe rooms with spongy balls in them to make them safe, They don't listen to good idea's that could grow their business ( The Customer is always Right IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT ) Dig out your Mp3 Players or buy 1tb phone Hard Drives and use a Simple Player and when their Subscriptions start to Disappear like Netflix during the most horrid of times we are all living in , their billionaire owners will lose their blood-bank that feeds their Real Housewives lifestyle and will become might become humble and human again 🤣

hagihp

(Also posted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Smart-TV-Screensaver-on-Smart-TV/idi-p/4626488/page/7#co...)

Hi all,

Spotify is misusing this community board to keep Spotify users in the dark if and when new features will be implemented!

More that 4 years ago users started to request Spotify to update their app with a screensaver option or at least have the app continue to run on your tv after the  screen is manually switched off by the tv controls.

This essential feature is available in all apps (Apple music, YouTube etc) running on my tv, but is mysteriously missing in the Spotify app.

But Spotify does nothing, even if the feature to save energy by blacking the screen is essential in today's energy starving world.

After my request to update the app, several local and international Spotify support people gave the impression to offer help.

But in the end it is all smoke and mirrors.

Nothing is done with the requests and I suggested to escalate this to the highest management levels.

If the next reaction is negative, I will cancel my subscription and go to a competing offering.

31lppvf22wvuart3sc2

plz do it fast 

thisguyrighthere

I am new here and just posted about this complaint elsewhere. I dont think I'm staying with this service as it appears spotify doesnt listen to what seems like a large customer request. Ignoring customers is not a good business model. Hopefully someone out there cares enough to comment and provide some type of legitimate feedback. This is awful customer service.

rootuser

All lot of us hate that podcasts are being shoved down our throats with no way to hide or customize which one we see.  But who are we kidding? There is no way they are gonna allow that. They need to justify the 100 million they paid that anti vaxxer **bleep** podcaster. Unfortunately we are stuck with it 

thewarrenhart

I cannot for the life of me believe that Spotify STILL hasn't bothered to fix this problem. It's not like they don't have the ability to either. Personally I feel like I have really diverse taste in music but in no way shape or form am I ever even remotely interested in listening to 'Trending Now' or 'Popular Albums' and I sure as sh*t am not interested in the 'Editor's Picks.' What purpose does forcing these recommendations on your users serve? Are you trying to push people away? This original complaint was posted over four years ago and there are NINETY FIVE pages of users asking for the same damn thing.

Do you hate your users Spotify? In case it's not clear to you, people want to have a modicum of control over the types of content that are displayed on their accounts. It sure as **bleep** isn't based on the individual user. I've NEVER listened to any of the albums in any of the sections I've mentioned, so why are you trying to get me to play these albums that I really have no interest in? Please, for the love of all that is pure and good in the nightmare of a world, just give us the ability to control what WE want to listen to. We being the people that fork over money EVERY SINGLE MONTH, we being the people that you are supposedly trying to entice to listen to MORE music, when all that these recommendations make us want to do is get our musical fix elsewhere. This is not freaking rocket science guys.

hagihp

If you want to switch off your tv screen while Spotify music is played, see my post here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Smart-TV-Screensaver-on-Smart-TV/idc-p/5412605#M246693)