Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
lochraven

This needs to happen. The "suggestions/recently played/short cuts/erc" are great, but every time I open spotify my home page is different. There NEEDS to be a way to customize what i see, or at the very least choose one or two sections which sections are always there no matter what else is. fill the rest with annoying radio stations i'll never listen too, but at least always make sure my personally filtered NEW RELEASES section is there. Why do I have to go digging or restart spotify for a section that was on the home page five mins ago? Please let premium users customize what they see on their home page. Think of it like the control center on an iphone...it should always have the flash light option right? make it happen Spotify!

neanda

it's the most important screen of the app, the Home Screen, and we can't customise it. I don't want to see Top Shows above the fold, I don't listen to podcasts, and I don't want 'Recently played' right at the top either, because I just recently played them.  

Just let us hide/show the rows or at least adjust their order.  However, 'fantastic' app, (asides from the most important screen)

Of course not right now. Just let me turn off podcasts!

Jeevaka

Found that I can add a playlist to my home screen via playlist menu. That is, I get an icon for the playlist on my android home screen. That way, I can bypass the Spotify home screen and go directly to my frequent playlists. Not very helpful if you have many different playlists.

marriv

It has gotten worse with podcasts too. While I love podcast for some reason if I listen to like 3 in a short time span (which I do often to get news/entertainment/comedy etc) my whole home page is full of podcast. I can't even find new music anymore and even when I do listen to a good amount of music the algorithm doesn't even out the suggestion on the homepage. It's realllllyy bad and I'm tired of it.

kclvw-_9nvug

I totally agree, where I live (Latin America ) there are good artists that sing in Spanish but (with all the respecto to the Spanish trap, Reggeton, and other genders ) I don’t like so I don’t want to see them on my feed, that space could be use to find more bands, people and other artists that also sing in Spanish but with a different gender of music, genders or suggestions aligned with the user’s taste. 

neanda

I think that they've silently removed the Shortcuts row, I'm not seeing it on my macOS desktop app.

But now I have a 'Shows popular with friends' row instead, I don't like most of my friends tastes.  I think Spotify have a vested interest in making us listen to podcasts, there seems to be some kind of financial motivation behind this.

And Popular Playlists (I don't give flying f*ck what is popular with insta-dicks and what the mainstream like.  And that **bleep** Recently Played bulls**t, I just recently played it, why do I want to play it again???

Why can't I just customise my own f**kng home page instead of you dictating what I might like?  Either your AI recommendation engine is high, or you guys think you know what's best for everyone.  Just let us choose, with your AI recommendations/suggestions, just don't make it prescribed

MtPleasantDude

Would clearing the "Short cuts"  be an option.  Reading the thread in the Spotify forum there is no plan to amend this section of the Spotify display.    However, the impact of having shortcut links displayed are very problematic for personal security and privacy.   I would like a definitive reply if it is possible to reset, clear/delete, my shortcut links displayed on my account screen. 

thank you v/much

sassocity
aloshka

Well, back to Apple Music I guess. I loved the Made For you, but now it's almost at the bottom of the page and when you are in your car, or on your phone, scrolling through literal trash of podcasts (who tf listens to podcasts on spotify) and a bunch of "pov: ur a young person on this app". wth does that even mean? 

Sigh, oh well.. At least apple add continuous playback of suggested songs.