Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
acrookedsmile

As others have written, it is inappropriate to be forced to watch commercials for music which has nothing to do with my taste if I have paid for the app already. When I have paid, Spotify should deliver user functionality first and foremost so I remain a paying customer.

Haddicus

I really can't stand the recommendation/top charts stuff... I have no interest in any of these.

Almaenpaz

Exactly!

Thanks for posting about this issue!

DK411

Thank you all for your comments and support! I see we have 49 votes now, and we need at least 51 more before July 15, otherwise Spotify won't pay any attention to it. Please help in gathering these votes by sharing this claim through your Twitter or FB accounts, and/or other networks. Let's have the start screen as we'd like!

Almaenpaz

We can make it!

eakida

I think the suggestions in Start Page shouldn't be made by location or date reasons, but by musical preferences. So I think that first row appeared in Start Page should be remove or moved to the last position

Almaenpaz

That´s a good suggestion eakida. Thanks for posting!

MichaelMcCammon

As a follow to my earlier post.

Right now on my home screen I have 'Songs to sing in a car' with artists that I would never sing along to in the car, much less ever make an effort to listen to. Also have, 'sing in the shower.' Both are completely taste-related, so I'd prefer not to get someone else's taste tossed on my home. Rihanna, Ariana Grande... there is nothing in my library to suggest that I need senseless pop recommendations.

Also, a no to religious formats, rap caviar, guilty pleasures, pop rising... all wasted space on my home.

Please make it customizable and remove unrelated content.

Much appreciated.

Almaenpaz

Ha,ha! 

Thanks for your comment DitchBall!

simgust

YES! Please, let us choose what we want as a start screen. I'd love to remove all the TOP HOT STUFF that I'm greeted with when I open the Mac app.