Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Nozemi

Well as someone already said it is fully possible, and it will be reset

when Spotify is updated though as someone also said.

But then we have this program I made that has themes in it (that I've made)

and also the feature to add other themes to it by providing downloadlink

to the .zip file and a theme name.

Visit www.hujox.comuv.com for more information.

Hope you like it!

Nozemi

Marco

Wow that's pretty cool Nozemi!

It's the first time I see some other custom skins. I've created a few skins a while ago too, if you wana check them out here. Also made a Skin Tutorial but if you wrote a program that's of course more convenient.

Gonna check it out now and let you know how I like it! 🙂

Edit: Tried it.

Sadly I can't seem to get it running (Win 7 Professional). First of all my avast antivirus doesn't even want to let it install. After deactivating the antivirus, I'm still getting an error message that Themes.txt can't be found. Also I'm only seeing part of the actual interface. After I ignore the error message and click on Add theme, it just freezes and closes. :s

1.JPG

Too bad, wanted to see how far you've got in finding all the elements in Spotify UI...

Nozemi

As I said in the email, I will fix this program, and then re-release it

anyway, it requires .NET Framework 4 or later, it seems like you have that

but I know why it says that "Themes.txt" is missing, that's because it is supposed

to download that txt from the internet (my dropbox folder)

Anyway I'll be making a better solution now.

Just be patient

And the reason why it is detected can't be anything else than the webclient

that downloads the themes.

Best regards Nozemi.

Marco

Alright! Then I'll wait for the updated version. 😉

Nozemi

I've updated it now, I am not sure if it works now or not

but it should work just fine now.

You can find it here:
www.hujox.comuv.com/products.html

Marco

Wow that was fast!

Works flawless for me now! 😄

Just 3 minor things I've noticed:

- You can't close the "Add Custom Theme" window once you've opened it (windows controls missing) - also not via task bar

- You have to redownload each skin again, also if you had it downloaded before. Maybe skins could be stored in a folder? Not a biggy with high internet speed, but some users don't have that (even though its just 2 MB)

- Will work only with 0.8.5.1333 version - you should point that out to avoid some confusion for users with higher version.

But all in all great work. 🙂

Nozemi

Yeah I know of all the 3 bugs

The Add Theme thing is closeable with the button to open it, if you didn't notice

it says [Show] and [Hide]

Yeah, the only problem is my limited skills in VB.NET, and I don't really see the point,

since most of users wont use more than at most 2 minutes to download themes.

And yeah, thats the problem, but is there any newer version than 0.8.5.1333?

Thanks for your replay and feedback.

Nozemi

Marco

Oh didn't notice the Show and Hide, my bad. 😉

And yea the new Spotify version is rolled out already, means Spotify is giving out the new version slowly to monitor if there are some major issues with the new version. Some already have it and early 2013 everyone will have it.

Some say you can't change the skin anymore in the newest version, but need to check that once it's rolled out here.

takingbackbenny

Would love to see customizable themes officially picked up by Spotify. The community could not only create, but manage them. I am sure some volunteers would pop up including myself 🙂

Mellquist

Is it something like this you are looking for?

Im currently in the process of making some of the pictures higher quality btw.

Version 1:

nearly done.PNG

Version 2:

wtf.PNG

Not much of a difference. But its something.