Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
SR3L

All music players, Apple Music, Google Play Music, and many others have this beautiful light theme and so simple. Spotify is the only one with an ugly dark interface. Seriously, its freaking 2018. 

mvgessel

The spotify developers team is in my opinion very slow and does noyt follow up on the movements in the market. we PAY for it, all of us! so put some money in development. skins, customiseble interfaces and so on. for example on a phone. WHY do i have to go to library settings, and scroll all the way down for my equilizer???

the buttons in the dock, there is where it schould be. LISTEN to your users!!

uhuhleuh

There have been requests for some level of color/skin/theme customization since Napoleon lost the war...  I use a black background on my desktop, which means Spotify's windows gets lost on it. Also, there are people out there who are color blind. is Spotify gonna do something?

faqinhell

I personally like the current dark theme Spotify has—it's unique to Spotify and gives it its own iconic style, and it's great for when you're looking for songs to play at night when you're trying to go to sleep; it's easy on the eyes.

But, I do love this idea of being able to customise it! Maybe we could have a designated colour theme for every profile, so whenever you visit a user's profile, the skin switches to their colour theme? I think it would be great for artist pages, especially. Maybe we could have an option for this to be toggled on or off, so if some users don't like it, they don't have to have it.

q4_rr-bnzmo1b

It's a must. I really can't take this darkness. Pls Spotify 🙂

Sbnfry
Hello,
wouldn't be great to provide a light color theme. Contrast is higher with white on black rather than black on white and generally fonts are smaller using white on black. It might be because I've reached 40 yo, but I find the readability very poor compared to the one offered by Apple Music.
Could you please consider to do something? I'm not asking for skins or theme, nor to drop the "dark" identity of your product, but could we have an option to invert the in-app colors? I tested Spotify using iPhone inverted colors, and I find it more readable, especially on sunny spring/summer days.
ErwinSuwito

Please have this feature, especially on android for the now playing screen. I really don't like how the now playing looks like on the latest update. The latest now playing design makes me re-think whether I should move to Spotify, even with its 2 ringgit for 3 months premium. It would be better to have some selections of now playing screens, just like ZPlayer or Retro Music Player.

i_ivu-q1vzvau

Black background with grey text is terrible.  Makes it too difficult to read.  At the very least, change the text to white, if only for readability.

seekingstars

Would love to see a light version of the current Spotify interface! Would be really great for looking at during the day. I hope my comment all the way out here in 2018 reopens this!

ttinxx

Light UI ideaLight UI idea