Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
jaredmark13

Are there any more updates on this suggestion?

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Smooch

Light skins please. 

It's very difficult for some of us to have to watch a black background with white letters. 

White background with black letters is much better.....for some. 

Thanks

ericintheloft

Like others have said before me, a Winamp theme would be absolutely amazing.

andreas83

Another example of Spotify ignoring the fact that their software products takes an aqcuired taste.

Had it not been for Spotify connect, I would have paid somebody else for music. Like Tidal.

Smooch

Just wanted to let everyone know that after cancelling Spotify, because of the lack of skins, I tried Amazon music unlimited, Google music and Apple music. 
WOW.....just to make it real quick...I'm definitely back to Spotify Premium. Gladly so. 

The others just plain suck! 

Spotify got it right, no not the skins but everything else. The folders, being able to click composers names and get more from that composer. I listen to classical music exclusively so I need layers of folders. 

Like: Classical>Mozart>Symphonies 

And: Classical>Mozart>String Quartets

Etc. etc. and then the pop in a seperate folder. None of the others offered this. 

Matter of fact I couldn't even see the composers name on the tracks I was listening to on multi composer cds.

Holy smokes the other ones sucked so badly I coudln't believe it. 

So Spotify definitely has a LOT of things right.

Just add the skins and more people will be more happy.

Thanks Spotify. 

rave2dagrave

Winamp has Nintendo-cult-like status so please make a winamp skin.

JC_1000

I too cannot white text on a black background and was disappointed to see there are no skins available or any such options in the pipeline.

However I have found a workaround and thought I'd share.  If you run the web browser based version of Spotify in Chrome and then use the Chrome Extension "invert page colors" then the extension will invert Spotify colours!.  Obviously useful for any other such web pages too.

Enjoy!

Maxspeed7

This has been an issue for 4 years! It's a simple task! It'll even probably bring more customers, you guys are just waiting your time! Now get it done people! You can do it I believe in you! Thanks for your time!

ericintheloft

I'm a developer myself and would seriously LOVE to be able to build a winamp skin!