Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
mitchez

Hello,

I find it kinda odd why Spotify aren't implementing the ability to change the skins

Some of us have issues with our eyes are as a result use the dark theme within apple and microsoft products... as a result the brightness is super bright within the Spotify theme...

Apple and microsoft have both began to move to help us

Please explain why you aren't considering this, would be very helpful and I'm sure there are lots of us out here that are finding this a problem

xiaomao87

7 years and no news on this? Would still be helpful to a lot of people to give us the ability to choose themes. I'm pretty sure all players use a web ui, so why is this feature not even being considered? This forced dark theme pains people. Not everyone uses dark theme on their computers... time to get with the times Spotify. Attached photo took my like 5 minutes with css changes. My eyes are begging you to reconsider a light theme.light_theme.png

Train115

It would be cool to be able to set backgrounds as images too.

TKRBwarrior

I wonder if anyone noticed but my Spotify playlist changed slightly. The playlist title font size went from medium to BIG, my songs in the playlists were originally aligned in the CENTRE, but it moved to the left side and other things (not a drastic change). Now I'm trying to remember what it looked like before because I DID NOT expect it. help spotify_LI.jpg

tcfromky

Is that a screenshot of Spotify on your phone? 

TKRBwarrior

+tcfromky  No. It's a screenshot of Webplayer Spotify on my computer. I've been using Spotify for the past few months.

Inga_k

Just canceled my subscription, dark theme makes my eyes hurt in 5 minutes and it's also horrible to read white text on black background.  Will stick on google play and when they close I'll switch to yandex.music

t30_1-i0ukt7l

this would be great i know so much people that would want this

Sdog62
Don't hold your breath. People have been asking for this for many years.
Unfortunately, they refuse to listen to the community and feel they know
best when it comes to a user interface. Pretty sad a company this big and
successful doesn't give a **bleep** about their customers and listen to their
suggestions......
andrewtodd85

This thread is from 2012!!! We've been asking for a lighter theme for over 8 years now and yet, still not a light theme. If EVERY Android app can do this, what's your excuse Spotify?! 8 YEARS and you still haven't listened to your customers. Get it together already! Know how much of a pain in the ass it is to try and find songs on your mobile, in the sun with sunglasses on?! I'll tell you, its IMPOSSIBLE!

How hard is it to create a lighter theme? Clearly you don'**bleep**. 
GET IT TOGETHER and give your customers what they want already!