Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Sdog62
If this was a video game, there would already be a Mod for it that would
let you change the interface. Heck, even Winamp had skins. This is just
lame....
andrewtodd85

For as big of a company Spotify is and for how many users use it, im literally shocked they have not implemented a handful of different themes we could use. Laziness is basically what it boils down to. I love Spotify but their UI is so outdated/boring and they just don't seem to care.

bensonscandy

I would love a theme that brings the old Spotify layout back, but this is a great idea and don't know why they haven't done it yet

-p633oimk_dps

yo its been 8 years

juliettesabrina

Spotify please enable an an option to change the background colour of the Spotify desktop and phone application. I.e. User can switch from a white (with black texts) background or a black (with white text) background. It would also enable a clear accessibility with reading the screen and navigating Spotify.

Khojordan

Honestly, I have a huge headache reading the text. I get dizzy, my eyes hurt, and i can't sort out my playlists for longer than a minute each try. 

I NEED SPOTIFY IN WHITE. THE CURRENT BLACK BACKGROUND AND WHITE FONT IS TOO PAINFUL FOR MY EYES. 

pixelpatron

Came to post skins would be cool, at the very least let me change the colors. It's 2020 but we livin' like it be Window's 95.

MJD5

Yes, Should permit us to change the background colour to white. Since there is no print tracks option(another problem), I will use print screen if I am systematically going through an artist and the background colour of black makes it difficult to work with the printed result.

Eclipse_31

I think that this needs to be an option now more than ever (hate that phrase though!).  With so many UIs looking flat and lifeless, it would be really cool to see if Spotify would support custom mods/themes.  Trust me, there are people who hate this trend going on in apps and media, since I'm one of them.  A 'classic' mode would be just as good.

tangier101

The white screen on Qobuz seems so much better to me.  It would be great if Spotify would allow users to do this.