Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Stalladin

I am nick 20 years old and i thought about an interesting idea that I would add to your platform.

It would be very cool if there was a possibility to add themes to spotify just like you can do with chrome,.... I know you can do this with spicetify but in my case it glitches a lot and after a spotify update the theme is removed. It would be very cool if there was a theme store built in to spotify where you can make/download custom spotify themes.

I hope you will consider this idea. 

Havenla16

I miss Winamp. I'm gonna keep using Spotify, but maybe someday there could be a setting to make my Spotify app look like Winamp. Spotamp. Winampfy. Spowinampfy.

KashKiing1

Skins? we really need them 😉

tmaystro

yes please we need this after they forced that new horrible design on all users

Corylecuyer

I would love custom skins. Even if you don't want to put in the work to make any you could allow other people to do it cause Spotify fans would make them

ewirecth

wouldn't it be better to open it up for user created schemes/skins? maybe spitball with some of the winamp folks, maybe even foobar2000...

michaelprowell

totally agree with two comments up.  let the community do the work if Spotify developers can't do it. 
the player is BORING. 

however, on a positive note, i will say the new full-screen look is much better than it used to be with just album art.

Xenia
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-05

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it!

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!

Gassed

Allow desktop users to customize the look of their Spotify app without breaking TOS. For example- giving us the ability to change the way our background looks, as well as the look of our buttons, and so on. Also, if we ever make any customizations to our app, it won't impact performance (ram/cpu).

Also, if possible, the whole community can make their own custom backgrounds and share them with the community.

justauser92

there would be different theme options for us to choose example: when we open spotify instead of background being black its blue or orange or maybe some patterned colors and the patterns would shine every once in a while (im sorry for bad english) there would be only colors available for spotify free ( from black to different colors) and spotify premium would have those patterns and maybe some moving background (there would be some stuff that would just roam around go back and fourth and stuff like that) also spotify premium user would be able to import a file to make it a background picture, this would look good in a lot of situation example: if i want to make a playlist about lets say x singer i can make the playlist about the x singer and add a moving or not moving (again so sorry for the bad english) background picture  and it would be very fitting ( i dont know if the moving ones should only be available to spotify premium )