Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
DennyEMufc

It's time to take another look at this now, 4 years is long enough for anyone! With people wanting a better way to crossfade tracks and have some real control how they do it? Some speed/pitch/ scratch etc options would be useful too!

xMannyFreshx

Looks like Tidal beat you to it with Serato Pro DJ 2.1.  Canceling my subscription this month. Peace.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

ccmobiledjs_100

Im a DJ too and would love to see 2 things:

1. A specific DJ app created by Spotify for Spotify only.

2. I would gladly pay a premium for that service and software creation. Spotify DJ (BOOM)

It would be great if one of the big DJ software houses like Traktor came in and collaborated with Spotify to build an interface app etc. Even more so it would allow DJs to play anywhere OFFLINE - this GREAT feature would set Spotify way ahead of the competition. 

LOVE Spotify  

djMaximizer

It would be great for a DJ to have a Spotify

- tags

- colors

- bpm

- key

- stars rating (1-5)

- link and purchase of the track (beatport, itunes, amazon, juno)

Online Audio-Video Platform for our Dj Mixes paying authors for playing their music. 

And better, just integration into such DJ programs as a traktor, a pioneer rekordbox, ableton, serato,engine denon, with the ability to manipulate playlists through a dj program. How would it all of us DJs would be HAPPY)

Yes 

mbug90

I refuse to live without being able to use Spotify in a DJing app!

mbug90

@spotify I still refuse to live without being able to use Spotify in a DJing app, or without an official Spotify DJ app.

aprilzhong319

still not solved ? But why ! Maybe it's time to think about it. For now I have to download music from spotify, then do too much tedious things manuelly. It's just too annoying. 

Erob

Spotify is turning bac to DJs. It would be THE error of company regarding the long time period. This service of DJ app integration is great. What are you doing Spotify ? Are there no DJs in your company ? Just finance guys to give up on DJs ?