Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
cliver69

with pulselocker now gone, we need an alternative for us dj’s who stream. Please hook up with Serato and allow us to use tracks offline please like pulselocker allowed us to,

AlexSamuel

it would be cool if it was possible to adjust stuff like Bass and other music-adjustments directly per Spotify, sometimes its just better t have more bass, pitch the song up and other thinks, depending on the Song.

It would be great if theres something like that for android and free users too

Thanks

At least small steps should be made. I am a DJ and I consider Spotify a great tool to find new tracks.

It would be so awesome if Spotify could at least play two tracks at the same time. This in combination with bpm detection and perhaps bpm in metadata would help pre-creation of playlists. It would also improve playlist creation for everyone, because two potentially consequtive tracks can be compared and blended into each other to test how well they go one after the other.

events

I would like to use either DJ Pro or a similar app to play Spotify songs at a party without an internet connection. 

Let me know when this can be done at events@bigpond.com please 

jjavi17

+1

Rrahim

I've used the Djay app on Android using my Spotify playlist to mix songs and it works however the echo nest part which is meant to analyse songs which can be matched doesn't seem to work. Just keeps analysing with no end result. Are you aware of any problem related to this function? I'm using a Note 8. 

Hampus_Nyquist

This idea will make you guys unique. The next stage would be live performances! Keep up the good work, couldn't live without IT

icayunda83271

Yes I agree too because that would because it can make music better and make Spotify go up

ak15mybien

El problema de djay pro esq sin Internet no te deja mezclar todo ese repertorio¡

Yo soy usuario de ambos y la vrd q no estaría nada mal q por favor¡¡

Q al menos las de las listas q si tengo descargadas en mi ordenador se puedan mezclar sin necesidad de Internet y sin q se pueda grabar claro¡¡

Lo digo por dejar tmb de estarnos bajando música de manera ilegal...en la mayoría de los casos¡¡

Para poder pinchar simplemente lo q tengo descargando en mi ordenador de mis listas de Spotify¡¡

Un saludo un gran usuario gracias

Bittencourt
That would be awesome!!