Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Dorien_T

+2000 votes Spotify.

Where is your update? 😉

Please bring a crossfade function between

songs, not Just at the end.

bgoldman7

This is unfortunate as it seems a no brainer.  As a result I am transitioning to another platform after being a 3 year + subscriber.

Gaganspy

this feature will change how you make playlists, people will be able to listen to the specific part of a song.

rhythmyr

What would also be even more simple is if we could set the fader individually between tracks and have the option of listeners listening with the creators crossfader settings, as it's possible to make songs sound mixed with the crossfader.

blondothenerd

This will certainly be a great feature that will trump the competitors. 

This will bring more options for being a DJ at private functions, this will allow us to be our own Home Grown version of a DJ.
Brilliant suggestion, Spotify would be foolish to not implement.