Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
DJTJ

A dj interface would be great especially now that spotify and djay pro are no longer partnered. I am trying to hold off transfering my spotify to tidal so I can still use djay pro.

Nevenzg

Cmon Spotify, make us a mixer so we can mix your songs here, not to use something else.

gumb0

This is the one significant feature TiDAL has over Spotify, outside of the brilliant MQA. It seems they managed to allow their files to work with Serato DJ Pro flawlessly. It's time to catch up, Spotify.

Madvlader
Tidal users: 3 million (in question). Spotify users: 320 million.

They don't need a DJ version
gumb0

Imagine gatekeeping a Live Ideas forum. 😂

Erob

Apple is a $ 2 trillion company. They don't need to edit professional software for musicians and photographers. They just do it. What does Spotify do for DJs today ? Just silence...

BassNecktie

This is nuts. I can't believe the level of corporate entitlement going on here. Judge me if you will, but I literally cried tonight remembering how fun it was to create mixes in Djay 2. It was one of the best ways to pass the time during quarantine. And it was just taken away by Spotify, just like that, without any thought to it. I am sure there was some sort of copyright dispute taking place and it was much easier and cost effective for Spotify to just end the integration with 3rd party apps than to come to the negotiating table and establish an actual partnership with a 3rd party app like Algoriddim. Here they refer us to their "friends at Algoriddim." I bet those folks at Algoriddim don't feel so friendly about this relationship at this point, but what does a big company like Spotify care? I don't expect to move the needle, but honestly I feel wronged by your decision to end this integration, Spotify. You could at least tell us why you made this decision, and actually be transparent, but obviously they don't care about small subsections of their user base, they just care about the random imbecile who just wants to listen to music. Spotify does nothing for the actual music industry, and it's well known. I am not even a DJ, I just liked playing with the app. I had nothing to gain from it but so much to lose from the integration being taken away. Please put some R&D into this - Djay 2 was AMAZINGLY FUN and so easy to use. You would be opening people up to music in new and important ways.

Erob

To Spotify directors : Read the BassNecktie post. Not everybody will create an account and spend some time to write such comments if it was not important. If you really love music, you should fight to give back your customers this amazing integration with DJ apps as DJay2. Try it and tell us it is not true ! It is revolutionary. Try it, please !

mbug90

I cannot live without being able to dj with spotify.

Foundviper11

Alright it's been a year later since your "not right now" designation. A couple of weeks ago Beatport came out with a DJ interface on their browser for music discovery and also just mixing for fun. This is revolutionary step for the industry! I wish Spotify would have taken our recommendation and become the first platform to do it. There's still time. Better late than never...