Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
mbug90

I still want this feature.

Bittencourt

Me too.

Having to use Algoriddim with Tidal is not the same as with Spotify. 

Renas

Fully support the idea. Have been looking forward to that. Cheers!

BassNecktie

Still want this too 

mbug90

I still want this feature

Dorien_T

I see a lot of posts from 2012, 2016, 2020 about crossfade between tracks. Now there's only the option to crossfade at the end of a song. I hear people complaining about this every week. Every time someone is choosing music at a party it abruptly stops.

How come this is not an option yet?

I had this on iTunes 10yrs ago?

Hordo

Hilarious that Spotify closes down topics, while pointing to this one, where they state that you can use DJAY from their friends. In reality Spotify nuked all DJ tools, so that their customers are now stuck with nothing.

Great job guys! Good to see you instead spend manpower in bringing preferred pronounce to the forum. Just what we needed.

Trylern

DJAY app have NO support for Spotify! 😞

I still want DJ mode implemented in the Spotify app A.S.A.P.

Southside_Slim

The streaming service Beatsource has both an offline locker for DJs as well as a DJ website. SoundCloud has offline "SoundCloud DJ" as well. Spotify is missing out on the ingenuity you all started. You're letting other companies take it over. I don't understand why.

Rightrider

Algoriddim’s djay fors NOT support Spotify any longer. Charge status to ”We Fix”.