[All Platforms] Detailed/ Extended Genres & Sub-Genres Lists (All Music Styles)

Spotify is great for having all sorts of music and playlists to listen to yet, one main area that it should be strongest in is when it comes to genres, and disappointingly it's not. It's features playlists of any and all kinds of music, but when searching or scrolling by genre, things are rather generalised and alot is just put into the same category for the sake of making the genre list smaller. For example the Electronic/Dance genre. I'm a Hardstyle fan that also loves Hard Trance and Electro as well as Melbourne Bounce, luckily I'm a DJ and music producer and know my songs and artists and where to find my music, but for someone who wants to find Hardstyle by genre, they have no hope in the genre section because it's not there. I think more emphasis should be put on the specific genre of a song or it should also be listed in song info or details for the listener to know what they're listening to and also to assist them in knowing which of their own playlists to add it to if they want to create a playlist of that desired genre of their own. @DJ-MastaJ 

Updated on 2019-08-03

Marked as a new idea :)

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-03

Marked as a new idea :)