Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] CURIOUS TO HEAR WHAT PERSON NEXT TO YOU LISTENING TO? Music Sharing

Hello,

Just imagine a situation:

You are sitting in the bus. And listening to your favourite music on headphones. When you notice a cute person who is sitting in the bus too, and really enjoying the music, while shaking head with the beat. So curious.. WHAT SHE/HE IS LISTENING TO?!
How to know that? You take your phone from your pocket and open spotify app. There you see everyperson in 50m radius who is using Spotify and shares their music. And you see that she is listening for A-HA - TAKE ON MEE!. You connect to her music and listen to this song also. And when the bus stops, you leave it and say to her/him: ARE YOU PLANNING TO GO TO A-HA CONCERT THIS SUMMER? I LOVE THIS SONG TOO.
And you live happily ever after ❤️
THE END (Or maybe just a beginning 🙂
___

So, the thing is : a possibility to look for surrounding spotify users and see what they are listening. A possibility to connect to their song. A possibility to turn ON or turn OFF music sharing (maybe you would like a private moment, and dont want to see everyone listening for your "shame songs" haha!

I personally really really often pass a person with headphones and am very very curious, what they are listening to that moment.

LIKE THIS IDEA? PLEASE VOTE UP AND LETS CREATE EVEN BETTER, CONNECTED SPOTIFY COMMUNITY 

Cheers,
Arturas from Lithuania

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Luke
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-12-03

Marked as a new idea 🙂

josieaharris

I really love this idea! It would just be very important to be able to turn the feature off so people could only see what you are listening to it you are ok with it. Also, it might be helpful to have a small icon of something that lets you know if your music is visible or not. Imagine listening to a "shame song" and then realizing that everyone around could have seen what you were listening to.

isabeaux

there is already an app that does it

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myooz/id1068102482?mt=8

Crossbnz

@josieaharris wrote:

I really love this idea! It would just be very important to be able to turn the feature off so people could only see what you are listening to it you are ok with it. Also, it might be helpful to have a small icon of something that lets you know if your music is visible or not. Imagine listening to a "shame song" and then realizing that everyone around could have seen what you were listening to.

Yes Absolutely! There should be ON or OFF. If you are in a mood today - Turn it ON and share. If you are not - turn it OFF and be more private with your music

Crossbnz

@isabeaux wrote:

there is already an app that does it

Thats nice. But both people needs to have an app yes?
App is nice, but its extra app, extra download, extra space in phone. These days people less and less are willing to download lots of apps. Thats why i thought just a Function on Spotify (while there are lots of users already) is better than an app

-03-H-Colls

It would be great if you could listen to the song as they aren’t listening to it so exactly as they are hearing it at that very moment. If that’s what your thinking 

Crossbnz

@-03-H-Colls wrote:

It would be great if you could listen to the song as they aren’t listening to it so exactly as they are hearing it at that very moment. If that’s what your thinking

Absolutely! Thats one of the idea: A possibility to connect and listen for the same song, exact moment!

arnavsareen123

Hello,

I really like this idea. I definetly think you guys should use it! @Crossbnz, I agree having a ¨on¨ and ¨off¨ button would be ideal!

jaiwareham

This would be really cool, and would be awesome espacially in arts based environments like concerts where you could show people with mutual interests what music you like. It would work really well if we allowed it to be opt out too.

jaiwareham

This would be really cool, and would be awesome espacially in arts based environments like concerts where you could show people with mutual interests what music you like. It would work really well if we allowed it to be opt out too.