[All Platforms][Discover] Disable Commentary Tracks

Some bands and artists post commentary versions of their songs/albums which is fine for those that are interested. But it makes for a bad listening experience if I just want to shuffle an artist's song list and a bunch of commentary versions come up. Having to create a Playlist with everything but the commentary versions seems like an awkward workaround because most times I don't want that as a playlist…

Some example artists are "Avett Brothers" and "Jack Johnson".

Another usecase would be when an artist has multiple versions of a song (if a band has a "Best of…" album for example). It'd be good if you could just disable any "duplicates" and just have the version you like most play in the cycle. I used to do this with iTunes.

I understand there has to be a reason for this. There was a similar idea posted which is now closed but I still think something like this is worth considering. I hope this provides a little more context to why it's valuable.

Updated on 2018-12-25

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

(This is a repost of the following inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Opt-out-of-Commentary-Tracks/idi-p/1152443)

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-25

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

(This is a repost of the following inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Opt-out-of-Commentary-Tracks/idi-p/1152443)

Rich_2014
Casual Listener

More context to the "duplicate tracks" point: Today I just wanted to shuffle through "The Strokes" and the number of times I heard this song was ridiculous. Great song, but I don't want to hear it several times instead of hearing others. And again, I don't want to create a separate playlist to workaround it (if I had to do that every time I wanted to listen to a band, I'd have a heap of one-off playlists……)

duplicate-tracks.jpeg