[All Platforms][Discover] Sort albums by popularity

I think it would be really cool to be able to sort albums on an artist's page by popularity as well as release date. I find myself being shown and recommended new artists so fast that it would be useful to isolate their most famous few albums easily, without having to do lots of research or listening to the entire discography.

I can also see it being useful for very popular classical composers where new albums are being released under their name on Spotify very frequently.

Something as simple as just a droScreenshot 2020-02-21 at 02.28.17.pngp down menu next to the view buttons (right) on the Albums header on an artist's page.

Understandably it might not work 100% of the time as there are many artists where their most famous work is debated to not necessarily be their best, but I think it would be a good addition in general.

Let me know what you think!

Updated on 2020-02-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-02-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.