[All Platforms][Discover] Tastebreakers Weekly!

The new Tastebreakers playlist is AWESOME! Spotify should implement this as a weekly playlist alongside Discover Weekly.  I love Discover Weekly, but it doesn't really stretch my boundaries.  I have historically used Hype Machine to find songs that are really out there and interesting, but as Spotify's in app experience has continued to improve, I find myself spending more and more time there instead.  Tastebreakers seems like the perfect in between - personally curated music that is just beyond my comfort zone.  More of this please!

Updated on 2018-12-14

Marked as a new idea :)

Comments
HannahMi2

I agree and I'm in love with this playlist. Playing it non-stop for hours, it's perfect!

lastlivngcowboy
Regular

My 'Tastebreakers' playlist SUCKS! Over half of it are songs that i actually have saved and have listened to many times.  10 of the songs were actually already downloaded to my phone (and thats just based on two or three of many playlists that I currently have downloaded).  I will take the other users at face value if they are getting good recomendations.  I might be a difficult user to find new stuff for because my tastes are extremely broad, but I thought I'd see what others were saying because my Tastebreakers contained so many songs that I have listened to many times on Spotify.  I barely saw any songs I didn't immediately recognize or at least know the artist and genre of as one I do listen to a lot.  Ironically, if they had just copied any Pop top hits playlist and given me that, I would have likely been dissapointed but at least have had a chance to discover something new!  My Tastebreakers was like an extension of my Top songs playlist to a degree that is very confusing.  Is anyone else having this experience?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

It’s nice to have that but I think they do serve kind of the same purpose.

AkemiAmai

I really love the idea of tastebreaker playlists, they introduced me to really good music that I wouldn't have seen otherwise, and ventures outside my scope without going too far out.

Casual Listener

@Loxer I disagree.  Discover Weekly seems to be designed to find songs that are very similar to what I already listen to - which is great.  Tastebreakers pushes the comfort zone.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-14

Marked as a new idea :)

SuperSpasm

THIS.
The reason I switched over to spotify from just listening on youtube is because I wanted something that would give me interesting, different music without searching through a lot of things I won't like.
Tastebreakers was perfect for this! But The fact that it's static means it has a limited lifespan.

Also, a "refresh" button on the playlist could work just as well (maybe better?) than a weekly version.

Hoping this gets implemented ASAP