[All Platforms] Fade out audio when manually pausing, skipping, and changing songs

I realise the desktop version of Spotify fades down the volume when you abruptly pause the song with the pause buttonthis is a great featurebut it doesn't happen on my mobile device, and it doesn't happen when manually skipping / changing to new songs.

I also understand there is an automatic fade feature on all devicesI just want to make absolutely clearthis is not what I'm talking about. This fade occurs automatically at the end of songs. I'm talking about a fade that happens when you manually pause, skip, or change songs—not fade directly through the next song like the current feature—but simply fade out, like the current desktop pause button.

I suggest making manually skipping, changing, and pausing songs fade down volume to reduce that abrupt and uncomfortable change in volume when completing these actionsacross ALL devices / platforms (not just desktop). 

Thanks!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
blackerdeather
Visitor

It amazes me that this feature is not applied on all platforms yet. It's much more important than cross fade.

MBnk

They are doing all they can to ignore customer requests. As long as we keep paying, we are invisible to them. 

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

MBnk

This is not a new idea. People have been requesting this for years.

blackerdeather
Visitor

It's almost 2020 now ... this needs to happen. How is this not a more popular request? Millions of ear trums are suffering.