Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Light Mode option

Hi,

The new white text on black design physically hurts my eyes and gives very bad ghosting (i.e. persistent image like those in optical illusions that make you stare at particular color combinations and then look away). I know I'm not the only one with this issue because I've researched it in the past. Without an option to switch back to the old design (White background/black text), I'll need to delete my Spotify account and find another service. Please add an option to switch between the two (because I know many prefer black backgrounds). Myself and a host of others, however, cannot use these color combinations. Please let me know if there is a work-around; it would be much appreciated. It's basically unusable to me in it's current state.

~V

Updated on 2023-03-18

Hey folks,

This idea has been moved to a wrong place in the forum but is now back in its place.

We're keeping the status of Not Right Now as we still don't have any immediate plans to implement this, however, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any news to share.

Thanks!

Comments
Senliast

Dear Spotify, please add a light mode to your app. I have all apps in light mode and Spotify is the single app that doesn't match to them, by supporting only dark theme. The dark theme is nor comfortable for me for reading text, yet i like it from visual point of view. As far i looked, other users suggested this as well, but you closed all the requests. I think, for such a big company like you, it's not a big deal to invert the colors in the app, so i am kindly asking you to add the light mode to the app as well.

Aure-l-ain

Hi,

Do you have any news about this idea ?

Thanks a lot

lewis144
Have you not read the past replies? People want this but spotify don't care about its users.
Aure-l-ain

@Lewis 144, I red past replies, but for me it is important to ask an update to Spotify team ! It is a basic request !

lewis144
I absolutely agree, but this thread is in a closed request section, and if they've ignored this despite so many replies, they're certainly not going to care now, sadly.
Aure-l-ain

Hello,

I am a new Spotify user. Coming from another platform I am surprised that it is not possible to have a light theme during the day. It seems to be a basic function for a 2023 app !

Indeed the dark theme is always present ! It is not very easy to see the screen when the weather is sunny.

Is it possible to implement a light theme for the Spotify interface ?

Thanks a lot !

SFTS1

Deezer all the way !

Light Theme FTW!

Aure-l-ain

Hi,

I created yesterday a "new idea" in Spotify Community about the light mode in order to re-launch this idea. My idea has been deleted by admin.

I'm not sure it is the good choice to add the "Case closed" tag to this topic !  No chance that the idea will be implemented one day with a follow-up on a closed case...

occurred

I already posted this in the past, but it might be of interest for new users as well:

https://spicetify.app/

is a great app for having your Themes, also a light one, which is crucial for me.

Senliast

@occured i am aware of it, but unfortunately, it's available only for PC, not for mobile phone.

Thank you Spotify for listening to your community.