Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
kynesthetic

I think this is a great idea, especially if you could delete songs from your history for when your little brother (or sister) messes with your account or for those guilty pleasures ;).

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey everyone, we're back for an update on this idea. At the moment having your listening history across all device is not something we're investigating or have plans to do, so we're marking this as "Not Right Now". Of course this idea will remain open for further votes and comments--which we will continue to bring back to the internal teams. Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

Kosko

Wow, not letting paying customers have access to their listening history. That's pretty shady Spotify, it does not give me confidence to stick with your product. 

harald_k

Meredith, our listening data is personal data, which you are only allowed to store about us under certain terms. One of those terms is that Spotify HAS to give it back to us under EU law, for each and every one of us who writes a letter to Spotify and asks for it. Please reconsider, or bring this up with someone who can.

Lulo

I will change my status to "So Dissapointed Right Now"

RobEverton

Have you asked your music partners what they think? If a user likes a song, but can't go back to see what it was because you won't reveal their listening history, then you're preventing a possible path to building artist affinity and eventual commerce (music purchase, tickets, merch). This isn't just about giving your users a better experience or giving us access to our data, both of which should have been reason enough. It's also about incremental revenue for the artists and all the grifters in the middle.

baoutch

This is one more (bad imho) decision from Spotify. An other one was to remove the release notification bell. Disappointing. I'm considering trying another streaming platform although I really really thought I would never... Right now I'm back from work, I listened to Spotify on mon phone on my car, then 2 hours later at home I wanna keep listening to whatever I was listening to and I CAN'T !!! And this is "not something we're investigating " ? HOW ?? This should be implemented since V.1.0.... Comon we're used to synchronized stuff now : iCloud, dropbox, steam, my browser history, gmap, whatever you name it but this is "not something we're investigating"... Really disappointing.

anjunatl

I'm a developer so I can sort of understand why that'd be easier to make and leave on the client-side, but as a user it's odd and kinda frustrating that search history isn't shared across devices when Spotify's other cross-device connectivity is so strong - like being able to control volume and music playing out of other Spotify apps, IE phone -> desktop.

sirtimmyty

Why can we not view our history? This is lazy and really unfortunate for the music. Isn't this supposed to be about the music? How can we view previously listened to songs on android devices without paying for Spotify Premium?

Mardude

How is this simple task not a priority? Do you not want to know what played two tracks ago without having to change the current song? This is the only music app that does jot show you the listening history. Atleast give us the 10 most recently played.