Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
PaulMac

I got so fed up waiting on Spotify that I took out a free trial with Qobuz. The jump in audio quality through a Bluesound node is pretty amazing. It'll be interesting to see how Spotify HiFi compares if they ever get round to it. As it stands Qobuz are already slightly cheaper for their family plan that includes CD quality and FLAC 24-Bit up to 192 kHz.

Soundquality

Where is Spotify HD????????? Year will be over soon. 

Soundquality

Apple eating Spotify's lunch every month. 

dcaseyb

I am now happily enjoying my new Tidal subscription.  I have let ALL of my several Spotify accounts lapse.  Yes - Tidal is not cheap but it sounds great and I have yet to not find a song that I am looking for.  

I hope Spotify goes out of business.... Daniel Ek is simply LAZY!

Sal1950

I bought a Apple TV 4K box a few weeks back,

Enjoying all the ATMOS music they're streaming now.

Spotify is going to have a hard row to hoe to get my business back.

I love Spotify's UI and all but that's only pulls so much weight.

Audioplayer

@dcaseyb and anyone else thinking about choosing Tidal. Don’t waste your money on an inferior product from them:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRjsu9-Vznc

You would be better off choosing Qobuz, Apple Music, Deezer HiFi or Amazon Music instead as they at least provide proper unadulterated files and for less money!

1. Ik heb nu drie maanden gratis Apple music premium met losless, hi-fi en master kwaliteit.. deze geluidskaart is absoluut een enorm verschil met de hoogste Spotify kwaliteit en wanneer je bvb enco x oortjes of marshall headset gebruikt dan ervaar je enorm veel plezier aan de spatial sound van Apple. Het is ontzettend jammer dat Spotify zo veel gebruikers van haar weggeduwd heeft naar voornamelijk Apple music, Amazon music,  Deezer, Tidal en quibuz.. Al deze platformen hebben immers al een veel uitgebreider aanbod in hi-fi, spatial, losless kwaliteit. Maar aangezien Apple dit voor 9,99 euro aanbiedt is Apple music de terechte winnaar.

dcaseyb

Ive tried Qobuz, Apple Music, Deezer HiFi and Amazon Music and I went back to Tidal. 

mizwdev

It is taking tooooooo long. Via Aliexpress I bought myself a 3 month subscription for Tidal HiFi for $ 3.99. Sounds much better on my also bought on Aliexpress Shanlin UA2 Portable DAC.

battant22

Hello,

since 16 June 2021, Apple Music offre lossless for same price on recent iPhone (ios 14. I don’t know if it’s available on windows and Androïd 

Best regards

Battant22