Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
taravasya2

I am one more man, who waiting for Spotify recommendations  turns out to lossless quality listening with my hi-fi system!

Soundquality

Has Spotify decided against going HD now that it would be hard to raise prices much? Inquiring minds want to know. 

decooney
re: Spotify Hi Fi availability and timeline

FYI, if it helps. Last week I inquired again with Spotify Customer Support hoping again to get a straight answer and a timeline about Spotify Hi Fi, Lossless, CD quality offerings of the near future.
Here is the reply, and link, “before the year ends”. I’m still in the “we will see and won't hold my breath” category. Year end is only a few months away now, we’ll see 🙂

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us, we appreciate it!

You got it right xxxxx! At some time before the year ends, Spotify HiFi will be introduced as an upgrade for Premium users for their music's sound quality.

If you like, you may check this outto know more about other things to look out for about this.
We hope this helps. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give us a holler 🙂

Stay awesome,

Andrea

Spotify Customer Support

Soundquality

Snoooooore. 

decooney

To Spotify:  

When, quote "later this year" will you offer Spotify Hi-Fi (Lossless)?

October is here in a few days.  Less than 90 days until Christmas.

Blueshound24

Screw Spotify and their lack of communication to their customers! I'm not waiting around anymore and I'm off to bigger and better music providers that appreciate and take care of their customers! It's been what, six years now since the start of this thread, and Spotify has been on here what maybe two times to comment? Screw them.

Soundquality

Spotify really takes their time making strategic moves . I have to say it’s not a good look . 

hookeaudiocom

AacPlus is a popular, high quality audio compression format typically used for high fidelity audio streaming. The AacPlus format was originally known as the AAC codec and it was first proposed by Dolby Laboratories and AT&T. Today it's best used as a lossless audio format. HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.

For: @hookeaudiocom

dozer911

Spotify's lack of communication to it's community and CUSTOMERS! is just horrendous!

For several years now, this thread  has been alive with daily new posts from customers expressing their enthusiasm for lossless, and Spotify has replied twice?!?!

I am a HIFI entusiast and the QUALITY of of the streaming service, will ruin the music if it's not done right.

A few years ago I couldn't stand the (lack of) quality Spotify provided, so I gave my money to another company.

Now, when I heard Spotify was going for a lossless option, I signed up for a family subscription and eagerly awaiting the losses streaming. But nothing... No communication from Spotify when this will be implemented.

So I'm stuck with two subscriptions for streaming services, because I will not compromise on the quality.

Now Spotify, all the passengers are on board, it's time for this train to leave the station!!! 

lawrie124
I think we all need to realise that Spotify doesn't care about what we all write on here.
Let's try and prove this theory. 
SPOTIFY CUSTOMER CARE TEAM - if anyone actually reads this from your team can you please comment here to say you are reading our comments. 

I would guess we will all get no reply from Spotify, which shows they don't care or read these comments. 

What may help is if this was in some way brought into the public / media attentions eye, as a large organisation like Spotify with the public embarrassment of ignoring its customers for over six years should get things moving or at least some clearer answers. 
I'm not sure how this could be done, but complaining on here after over six years clearly makes no difference for us all.