Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Just subscribe Apple music and for 9,99 eur monthly the sound Quality is
amazing. This sound is 10 times better than Spotify. I expect many
customers are leave.
Zorq

I don't think Spotify cares much about all the comments here, maybe someone takes a look time to time and eventually does something, like nudge an internal issue/feature tracking entry. It is not a trivial technical challenge to solve, given all the infrastructure scaling has been optimized for the current data rates. On one hand, they'd need to convert tracks, prepare all metadata, on the other hand adapt their network, simulate and then test several scenarios how things might be changed if suddenly half of their user base decides to jump to lossless. It looks somewhat easier to start with lossless than to add later. My guess is that this contributes to the delays. However, it's pretty sure it's coming.

Meanwhile I am enjoying Qobuz more and more, the subjective quality difference is quite prominent even with CD quality: music has better depth, dynamics, colors and nuances. It was not so evident with Tidal, though YMMV. Certainly, if Spotify lossless is delayed enough, I might find it easier and easier to cut the ties, freeing up space for more Qobuz downloads :).

Soundquality

Year about over 

Soundquality

Only a couple of months left and Spotify seems stumped!! Apple has come out with lossless and spatial audio . 

I think Spotify will not be out with lossless by the end of the year. Another failure. 

huck50

Right now I am using a free trial offer of Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD and I am quite pleased with the sound quality.

I have two accounts right now with Spotify Premium and if they don't do something (audio upgrade) by the first of next year,I will probably be cutting the cord.

Decorum

Patience is a virtue. Trust that Spotify hasn't released HiFi yet because they want to make sure it perfect and ensures a seamless transition. Although I too am really antsy to treat my ears to this!

huck50

I hope you are right! Been waiting too long!

Soundquality

Only a couple of months left and nothing from Spotify! I think they are changing their mind about lossless. 

Blueshound24

Amazon Music is now $7.99/mo. for prime members. Spotify will in no way be able to match that. They snooze, they lose. 

Buh Bye Spotify! (Not that they ever read these threads anyway) 

#SpotifyCustomerServiceSucks

"3 Months Free - Offer Terms & Conditions:

"This 3-month free trial offer of a monthly Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan is a limited time offer and is available only to new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited. After the promotional trial, your subscription will automatically continue at the monthly price of $9.99 ($7.99 for Prime members) plus applicable tax until you cancel. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com Services LLC. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid."
Blueshound24

In addition to the below, Amazon has Spatial audio, for whatever that's worth... 

Not a shill, just tired of waiting for Spotify to get their schiit together. 

"As an Amazon Music Unlimited subscriber, you now have immediate access to the highest quality streaming audio, at no extra cost — no action required.

Enjoy 75 million songs in HD, over 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and our fast-growing collection of spatial audio — immersive music you can now experience with your favorite headphones."