Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
huck50

Right now I am on the 30 day free(after trial pay $7.99 /month or $79.99/year)trial on Amazon Unlimited,which had HD and Ultra HD,plus they have lyrics for about 90% of their songs(Spotify took the lyrics off awhile back,but kept the same price).

I have two accounts with Spotify(only cause the wife likes it),but I will most likely cut the cord with Spotify if they don't do something to upgrade their music by the first of the year.

lawrie124
A Spotify forum here which now has its users freely discussing the better value options offered from its competitors.
This really shows how little Spotify staff read or care about the comments we all put on here. 

Good work from the users posting the information about the better value lossless options available elsewhere. 
I think the best way forward is to weigh up how much of a priority lossless audio means to us all individually and if it's the main or high priority, just move onto another provider and don't look back.
I think that's the best form of protest and saves waiting endlessly for something that may never happen. 

Spotify don't even read the comments in their own forums. Unbelievable!
SPOTIFY TEAM - IS ANYONE THERE? PLEASE CAN YOU UPDATE US! 

Let's see if anyone from Spotify replies. 
I say the chances of a reply from Spotify are similar to those of winning the Lottery.
Such a shame that their customer relations is so poor, and they seem to forget that the customers are what keeps them going. 
Blueshound24

Bueller?

Soundquality

Without Spotify Connect , Spotify is just a run of the mill music service . Other streaming services are adding a similar feature . Amazingly , Spotify could be left in the dust if they aren’t careful . 

Soundquality

I have moved on to Apple , who has some issues with lossless that I hope they work out . Not a huge fan of Airplay but 

I use Roon and Qobuz too so I don’t need Spotify . 
Spotify has a great app but they are just too slow to make improvements in their service . 

domenico
Why two separate Spotify accounts while you can have this?

https://www.spotify.com/us/duo/
huck50

^^ That's what I have. I joined first back around 2016,as there was not much choice for good sounding music back then,then my wife wanted to join to listen on her I-pad(she is not too picky about sound quality).So, Like I have said before,if Spotify do not up their game I will most likely pack both account in.

Can we get an update on this 16 bit 44.1hz quality feature?  It's been over 6 months since announced it would be available this year with NO updates from Spotify.  People are getting tired of waiting.

huck50

One would think that some 'official' from Spotify would at least give some kind of update as to whether or not they are going to do the "upgrade",at least to comment on the many questions about this topic.

Looks like no body from Spotify actually follow these posts and I don't think they really care if a few thousand cut the cord?!

I need action,not badges!

Soundquality

Honestly , Spotify takes way too long to make positive changes to their service. Apple seems to care about it customer base.