Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
PCorreia
I agree with you 100%.

With that said, my question is: why are you still paying for a worse
service provided by a company that clearly don’t give a f*** about their
customers? It’s not like you don’t have much better alternatives at the
same price or even lower.
Celf

To every poster in this thread, we all know posting in this thread doesn’t make Spotify changing it’s mind, never.

Vote with your wallet!!!

Cancel your Premium subscription and move your playlists to another service, most of them are fine, with excellent sound quality.

I did it a few month ago and never looked back.

El0h1m

I can't believe they don't give a f about this.

Every single streaming provider CAN provide HiFi but the biggest fish here not.

We don't really need a Hi-Res and all that Master stuff. Just give us simple CD QUALITY.

MAKE IT GOD DAMN HAPPEN.

I am waiting for my current subscription period to expire and will be leaving.

And this silly status "Under Consideration"
No words...

_Ed_

To every reader of this thread:  We need to make MORE NOISE.

Invite every reader, in every thread, to post to this one

if they care about quality music streams.

KiranPasupuleti

Is there any new update for this? Spotify came out with the announcement earlier than Apple Music, but there has been no progress since then. 

walp
@Spotify is slowly and definitely becoming the Nokia of the audio streaming
platforms.
I so used to push family, friends and colleagues to Spotify but since a few
months I prefer pushing them to other providers as HiFi is still not there
(and it's not only that it's not there, it's even more that we have no news
and it's being pushed and pushed until God knows when), more and more
titles I have in my playlists are unavailable to me (I know it has to do
with rights and contracts with the Majors and depending on your country
etc.. but really, more and more songs/albums greyed out from my library)...

It's a pity we're not being listened to and it is not understood that we're
actually on your side when pushing for this to happen..
El0h1m

Oh, they plan to introduce audiobooks next to the shitty podcast thing.

Music? What music lol.

It's official now.

I started a new subscription with Apple Music so I can stream lossless so my LoFi Podcastify Premium is set to expire.

Yay, goodbye Lo-Fi Podcastify.

robigouk

I personally like the Podcasts and that Audiobooks are being added, more choice on my daily run to choose from.   HOWEVER - the point is that Spotify themselves promised this February 2021 and it's still not hear.  In my company people would be fired for this, it's so lame and terrible communication etc. with the most important people US (not the investors or sponsors, US as without US they wouldn't be any investors or sponsors).

433 pages on here - you should be ashamed on how is being handled.

I wish Elon would buy Spotify maybe we'd get better communication/service/promised features actually delivered.

Dismiss

Ι don't mind podcasts and audiobooks. Actually, being able to access all this content from one app is very appealing. I also love Spotify Connect, it's definitely the most widely supported solution out there and it works great. But music should always come first, and they dropped the ball hard on this one. However, it seems that this is still not a major priority for the average Spotify listener, I can't explain otherwise the way Spotify are treating us.

The only thing that will make them act is a drop in subscriptions and a major migration to other, hungrier and more responsive platforms. I switched to TIDAL 6-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly, but I'm still following this topic hoping that Spotify will finally cave in and offer a competitive product for music lovers. I'd definitely come back if they offer CD quality at the very least (with the entire catalogue and full support for Connect, ofc, otherwise what's the point).

Anyway, what I'm saying is, if you want them to finally listen, you need to stop paying them. They're a public company, shareholders will not be happy with a drop in subs/revenue.

El0h1m

25,764 UP VOTES and nothing. how sad is this?

I do agree. In order to make them listen - stop paying for your Premium.