Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
habu77

Tried Amazon Music HD last night, sound quality perfect (I already tried it last year and left because of the poor UI). I cancelled within half an hour. Had to download Alexa to be able to use HEOS so I could hear high res. HEOS kept bugging out all the time. Casting through Alexa is CD quality which is very good but the whole user experience compared to Spotify is absolutely medieval. After a few minutes I was ready to start throwing things through the living room out of rage. So I cancelled, I'll wait it out, Spotify HiFi will come eventually. 

Apple Music Lossless mate… $11.99 pm and stream up to 24/192, Dolby Atmos, Spacial Surround!!
robigouk

the days are ticking by Spotify......

GBillett

I really want a music centric service.  I have been patient all year.  My premium subscription continues for now but I have just taken out a 3 month subscription with Tidal for £2 and initially enjoy its sound and music centred approach.  All my lists are on Spotify but I have audio grade equipment and want to make the most of that.  If Spotify wishes to continue with basic music quality I just wish it would be honest.  Amazon, Apple, Qobuz and Tidal all provide lossless music quality;  why wont Spotify?????  How difficult can it be when it has integrated a whole new podcast service?   How much time does Spotify need?  Why does it not provide regular updates?  Perhaps my £10 per month is just not that important to it.

Blueshound24
The CEO and Founder of @Spotify is Daniel Ek, @eldsjal. It may help to post on his @Twitter profile page requesting some info regarding when, or if, @Spotify is really going to offer lossless or not. 
Spotify is almighty and they know that. Even when they lose 25% subscribers
than they still are the biggest. The management from Spotify know that and
that's The reason why they think don't inovate. In 2 weeks have must remove
3 times my Spotify app after that freeze it continuous . Spotify is realy
rubish
Soundquality

Where's any communication from Spotify to their customers about Spotify HD ?  This is the biggest problem i have. 

Because of this,if it's one penny higher than Apple i wont go with Spotify HD. Sorry Spotify . 

Spotify don't Care about they're subscribers. When 20% from the users
cancel they're subscription than they think "no problem, we are still the
greatest so we don't respect they're questions about hi-fi. Spotify sell
baked air
PaulMac

I've just completed a search of all the updates Spotify have issued on various websites and social media platforms since the announcement was made back in February. 

Full summary below:

Blueshound24

Spotify's customer response is the most moronic and lacking of any company I have ever seen.

Hey Spotify, why don't you respond!?! 

#**bleep**Spotify