Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
mntmichele

Where is Spotify Hi Fi? 

We are in 2022 now... 

kingblind206

Well, Qobuz here I come. 

Sal1950

What a lame announcement after a whole year of waiting. Just canceled a many year subscription. Apple is giving me lossless, multichannel, Atmos, and more for the same money.
Parting is such sweet sorrow.

stekkerbox

trash ass reply

bjoern268

Wow, what an impressive example of horrible disaster management. Transparency really is the least thing to expect from Spotify. If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.

d_p_4

i'm off as well , sick of waiting now with no date for hifi in sight. 

Tried apple music again (not used it since it first come out)  looks like it's improved loads since I last used it  and the difference in sound quality is like night and day. It's like getting a new set of headphones when comparing the sound.

gutted cos spotify is so easy to use but the sound quality is a deal breaker. 

mathieu_h

You really have to hurry now! All the competitors offer the function. We are in 2022 now !

If that doesn't come, I will end up going to amazon - but frankly, I would like to stay on a European offer.

leotorjeman1

Looks like i am moving to Tidal, so far i stayed with spotify for the built in player on my Tesla but with the new Tidal support and no Hifi offer anytime soon in Spotify, looks like an easy choice.

Blueshound24

I've been spot checking my favorite artists availability on Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon and Apple Music. Surprisingly, Apple music was able to return many more of my favorite albums and artists, and with MUCH better quality music! I took advantage of the 6 months free Apple Music via Best Buy and I'm pretty happy with it, and love the GUI, selection and excellent CD music quality.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-free-apple-music-for-6-months-new-subscribers-only/6451501.p?skuI...

Blueshound24

And of course Apple music with more of my favorite music artists and albums is only $9.99 after the free 6-month trial. After hearing good lossless CD quality music at the same price that Spotify offers crappy antiquated MP3 drivel, I ain't going back!