Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
El0h1m
Purchased roon lifetime.
Connected Qobuz and Tidal to it - I couldn't ask for more.

There's no coming back now.

Bye for good!.
G
Blueshound24

El0h1m

I have tried Qobuz and Tidal as well, but I found Tidal more of a colored sound, and Qobuz more of a transparent sound. And I greatly prefer Qobuz due it having a more clean and transparent sound. What say you?

El0h1m
Qobuz sounds more natural while Tidal... bit coloured - I agree.
I have set my roon to prefer Qobuz over Tidal and only use Tidal to fill the gaps in Qobuz library.
Thanks to that - I have Spotify-like experience with a great and sophisticated UI from roon.
Alltone

I like Spotify but I prefer the higher sound of Tidal. When will Spotify increase the audio files to hi fi high res sound like Tidal?  Spotify should be at least CD quality or higher. 

Blueshound24

El0h1m

I understand and couldn't agree more. And I second the "no going back".

Even if spotify finally implemented lossless I would say Fvck Spotify and go about my merry way without it. After the way they lied to us for months and strung us along on a promise they failed to uphold I will never contribute to their coffers, ever. Fvck them!

mmcgill829

Outrageous!!

Audiobooks now, but no lossless streaming in 2022?! Almost two years since 'announced' that it was coming soon. Literally every competitor offers lossless now. Spotify clearly doesn't seem to care about the entire reason they were created - music streaming. So sick of the constant podcast **bleep** being forced down my throat, and now here come audiobooks as well.

Been a paid user for the better part of a decade but I'm completely tired of the broken promises surrounding lossless. It's unacceptable that this service continues to act like they haven't made multiple promises about it and kick the issue down the road, especially when it's been made pretty clear from so many for so long that this is important, and your competitors all offer it. 

Whatever though, not like the feedback here is actually taken into account. We're all just shouting to the wind at this point. I'll just migrate to apple, tidal, or qobuz. 

PaulMac

**bleep** audio books.

**bleep** podcasts

And lastly **bleep** you Spotify for ignoring the wishes of your own customers who believe it or not signed up to the service for music

dabefffff

Hey Spotify Folks,

Loooong time subscriber here and I'm out of patience for this upgrade. I'll give it a couple more months, but I'm out after that. 

-Dave

soboyle

With all the new changes to the interface ruining my experience, and the further focus on boring podcasting and audiobooks, and yet STILL no lossless, I see no reason to pay for family plan anymore. I am moving us to Apple, sounds way better and has ALL the same music if not more. Theres an app to transfer my playlists, so nothing keeping me now. 

supergeek