[All Platforms][Music] Jpop as an Official Genre

I think with Japan being a major part of the music industry being diverse with many artists and idols, it should be able to have a section as an official genre. It has many listeners around the world and it should be able to have a genre for itself so it can be easier for listeners to access it. 

Updated on 2018-12-31

Marked as a new idea :)

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-31

Marked as a new idea :)

Rising Star 13 katiek_
Rising Star 13

hi there! 

I think you are right, spotify should have many diffrent types of music.. (Including J-Pop) that is recognized as an offical genre. 

More representation for more global music! 

Ps. What are some of your J-Pop reccomendations? or any other types of music that should be a offical genre? 

Azaleas
Casual Listener

@katiek_ wrote:

hi there! 

I think you are right, spotify should have many diffrent types of music.. (Including J-Pop) that is recognized as an offical genre. 

More representation for more global music! 

Ps. What are some of your J-Pop reccomendations? or any other types of music that should be a offical genre? 

My main Jpop recommendations would be everything really. From the smooth stuff like Taichi Mukai or iri to the more pop-idol stuff like Tokyo Girls Style or Momoiro Clover Z. Depends on what you like really. Groups and artists are really varied when it comes to Japan, almost to the point that I think, “Are they really from the same country?” But two groups that I noticed are really popular with people overseas (have a stronger international fan base) are FAKY and INTERSECTION.