Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Callee1

I would also really like this idea! It would be helpful to be able to delete items off recently played for mobile (i have an iphone) most of the stuff on my recently played i don't listen to anymore whether that be an artist or a playlist and it sorta bugs me that they are there if this could be in an upcoming update that would be amazing!

Adelchi

Well?

sa124

How can this be marked as “that’s a good idea”  and 12 months later, isn’t implemented? Seems like a standard required function. 

Jilliep

Why hasn’t this been implemented yet? I recently switched from google play and even they had that function. I’ve already accidentally played multiple things trying to get it all set up the way I want. There should just be a way to remove it. 

LadyGreenxx

It’s ridiculous at this point!! I don’t think we’re asking for much 🤷🏻‍♀️

David-1

It would be nice to remove songs that friends or family looked up. I don't really want them in my "recently played" thread anymore. It was frustrating to even find this page because it says the issue can be fixed, but that feature is no longer available, obviously, which is why we are here.

MilesTeg

Please add back this feature to the iOS app. I will occasionally play songs for my kids and there's no way to remove those songs short of constantly streaming different songs until the unwanted artists / albums are  off the list. To make matters worse, if you plays songs from a playlist  the "Recently played" will only asdd the playlist and not the actual songs  so it makes it even more difficult to remove songs from "Recently Played". I'd love to know the reason the ability to manually clear the "Recently played' list was removed, and why some PM or business owner thought this was a good idea. Or if it's a technical reason, then what that is. Is this idea even being considered still?? 

itsallohkae

Adding my vote here after encountering a bug where a roommate accidentally used my Spotify and the playlists she listened to are "pinned" to my recently listened and won't be overridden as I'm listening to new things. It's incredibly frustrating.

Mamasheka

This was just in the last version of the desktop app where did it go?

Sometimes people take my phone and play random bs songs, and then they stay at the TOP of my shortcuts list and recently played FOREVER. F***'s sake please add this back.

I literally had to talk to support and get my account reset because some song autoplayed once on a website and was stuck as the first thing on my home screen for over a month.

michaelboldt

please(!!) get goin' and make it possible to get rid of recently played and other lists I definitely do not want to see any more.  

What's your excuse of waiting so long?