Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Melancholia1

Some stranger from a foreign country hacked into my Spotify yesterday and listened to strange Hip Hop music I never heard of. I do not know the reason behind this. Anyway now I can not delete my recently played songs and they also count towards my recommendations. Lame.

rockster

Necessary and long overdue

organizersedge

This makes Spotify look so unresponsive. If could play Apple Play in our car, I would switch.

nssvp

It's sept 2022 already and soon will be 2023

Looks like you are building a spaceship or what? ffs.

It's been many years since this "feature" being requested here repeatedly in multiple threads and all over the internet.  But looks like Spotify doesn't give a single damn about their customers.

2001jovian

please implement this yesterday thank you!

GenesisDCarmen

Please add this feature

Buckojr

How has the issue of not being able to delete you listening history or changing/deleting from your home screen still not been fixed? 

Its been ongoing for almost a year with multiple threads/votes etc. And nothing's been done. 

Seriously considering leaving Spotify.

can i be alerted when this is done? im canceling my spotify until this is fixed.

heffequespotify

Same request:

It's very unprofessional that such a basic task like "Remove from Recently Played" hasn't been implemented yet.

You are making it easier for me to decide to move myself and all my family to another platform.

JohnDeHope3

My child was able to search for sexual material on spotify. It's now in his "recently played" list. It's bad enough that I can't seem to stop spotify from suggesting **bleep** to my kid. That's a topic for another help article. My question here is, why can't I at least remove the sexual material he's already been exposed to from his "recently played" section?