Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
omerrr

This is still not implemented. 😑

spunkanada

i listened to a podcast on divorce, now on the family tv with spotify account it's all over there... now the kids are going to know their parents are going through a divorce.  thanks spotify.

theDeathBerry

June 2023 and this basic feature that used to exist is still not implemented. This a real good system you guys got here, really shows you care about the community. Has any of these ideas actually ever been implemented?

Matteo44

This was a feature that there was on previous version of Spotify that for no reason you have removed, it was very useful to remove that song or playlist that you don't want to listen anymore. If you can put it again on the Spotify app and also for Spotify for desktop it will be very beautiful, so we can remove that playlist we won't see on our home page, but it seems that since the thread was open in 2019 you don't have provided to re-introduce this feature. It's useless to have this page for our tips if you don't correct the problem of the app

MGrab

I want to be able to remove specific Spotify suggested playlists.

Thank you.

fransmientjes

Is this really serious? Such a small and very annoying thing is still not fixed? After several years????

jmricketts

I literally could not believe it when I found out that this feature does not exist.  I spent an hour trying to figure out how to remove something from the "recently played" list because I thought there was no way such a basic feature would be overlooked, and yet here we are.

luticus

Spotify really really really REALLY needs this feature!

I was trying to use google assistant to play a song and it miss heard me and played something by "king nasty" which is no where even close to a genre of music that I enjoy and I really don't want Spotify suggesting songs like that to me based on my history. I also don't want to look at things on my home page that don't interest me in the slightest. No offense to that particular artist or their fans, of course, it's just not for me.

Now every time I get in my car this music plays again automatically!? Hopefully by playing other music for a while it will stop doing it, but uh! Not being able to clear history is absolutely terrible. You should be able to manage what items are in your history 1 at a time, as well as being able to blank the entire list, at will! For a platform that keeps raising it's prices every freaking year this is a really basic feature to not have. Please add this feature!

Lauren510

Bump for this idea! 

I listen to music at work frequently so it's common that my coworkers will walk past and see my spotify playing on my computer but recently I listened to the "Intimate mix" but I can't get rid of it from my home screen so I'm scared to open spotify in the workplace. Spotify please save me from this embarrassment.

megatron008

I can't believe this idea isnt live..